Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Oddworld Discussion (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Announcement: Oddworld Forums' New Look (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=398)

Sydney 10-28-2001 11:46 AM

Announcement: Oddworld Forums' New Look

After a somewhat tedious emergence, Oddworld Forums' new design has been fully implemented. Take a look around, familiarize yourself with everything, then post your thoughts.

We hope you like the new design.

Please post your thoughts in this thread rather than in new topics. Any new threads pertaining to the new design will be locked and directed here.

Happy posting!

Sydney and Abe Babe, Administrators.

Wil 10-28-2001 12:00 PM

It's very nice, Sydney, with an appropriate Munchy-theming. It certainly feels strange, but that should settle down.

I can understand why you'd prefer no new topics, but why close the old one? You closed it just a few seconds before I managed to click the 'post' button, and my witty remark makes no sense here.

But, still, a job well done. The Management deserves a round of applause.

p.s. By my watch it's 3 o'clock in the morning where you are, Sydney. Or 2am, depending on whether or not you have/haven't put your clocks back. I'm just observing this fact and I felt like putting it on paper (well, screen). Don't mind me.

Black Dragon 10-28-2001 12:05 PM

Hmmm.. *scratches head* Overall, I do like it, as I love the color green. The logo with the water dops is very.. what's the word... well, I guess it's more dramatic and fits a bit better than the old one. It still seems a bit odd to me, but I think it's because I'm so used to the old layout. Anyways, I like it Syd, c'est tres bien!!

Xavier 10-28-2001 12:07 PM

very cool, I like it very much, it's darker...

The fuzzle and the drops are very good

One, Two, Middlesboogie 10-28-2001 12:58 PM

I like it very much, but I think something needs to be done with the remnants of the old scheme; i.e. the crimson strip at the top, the yellow text in the new topic/add reply buttons, and the grey background. They need to be changed to suit the new design.

Gluk Schmuck 10-28-2001 01:20 PM

yeah, we need matching buttons

it's good so far

Rex Tirano 10-28-2001 02:29 PM

Way to go!!
It's a bit weird but hey so am I!Lol
Nice one Sydman!!
This is Sydman- :cool:

Sl'askia 10-28-2001 02:31 PM

ugh...the background is too dark and Munch looks like someone is trying to rip his head off. Plus its a bit to green for my tastes...oh well...you can't plz everybody...

Cool Paramite 10-28-2001 03:13 PM

I love the new design! Just like other members said, it feels a little strange, but... i think we will get used to it. And just like Middlesboogie said, we should get new Post/Reply buttons. EXCELLENT WORK!

BTW: I have read your last post in the "I like the new design!" topic.

BTW (again...:

You should make a page on Oddworldian about the history of the forums, like ODDBODD did for his site. You could show the different versions there (If I'm right, this is the 3rd version!), showing the logos and post/reply buttons, the launch dates, about the moveover to UBB, etc...

Just an idea!

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Cool Paramite ]

Melvin:squeeking paramite 10-28-2001 03:26 PM

Hmm.. the new design is pretty cool, but there is something bugging me.
The Munch picture at the top isn't the best picture of Munch. I like the darker ones where he is in the wheelchair. He looks like he is distorted and screwed up...
The color scheme is pretty cool, I like green and dark brown. At first it was annoying me, but now that I am settling in, the color is really cool. The logo a the top is a nice change, and the fuzzle is cool. *though he is starting to feel a bit too nostalgic and sad that Munch is overcoming Abe..*

PinkHaired Mudokon CWR 10-28-2001 04:28 PM

it's okay, old one was better.

Alf 10-28-2001 05:12 PM

Congrats on an excellent job!
I love the "They're Revolting" Munch too!
Alf

Wil 10-28-2001 05:59 PM

Hi Alf! Does this mean you'll update the Oddworld Forums button in you detox, Alf?

Oddsville 10-28-2001 10:17 PM

Great job Sydney and Abe Babe! I have been gone for awhile and havn't had time to keep up with the updates.

Capri Ream 10-28-2001 11:41 PM

I LOVE it!!!! :D :D Go Munchy!!

abe22 10-29-2001 03:06 AM

I like it great job. the green is very nice its cool

Cloverfield 10-29-2001 03:12 AM

Actually credit must really go to Sydney... he's the one who designed the new layout change. He just made sure I agree with all the changes! :)

For the forums, it's kinda "unofficially" this way ...

Sydney: design and layout, colors, logos
Abe Babe: hacks and implementations (i.e. member statuses, post preview, etc)

And we both contribute to stuff like the personal photo gallery.

So... great job Sydney for the new layout! :)

Abe Babe...

Naxos 10-29-2001 06:03 AM

The new look is pretty cool I guess.
Still the old one was a bit more "normal" looking.
The new colours are strange, but I'll get used to em. I also want to see some new buttons and other text being changed too.

Sydney 10-29-2001 06:34 AM

I'm glad that the response has over-all been a positive one. This is the sixth change of design that Oddworld Forums has undergone, with each change there has always been a few people who didn't like the new look. That was expected. But people do get used to it.

I thought the New Topic and Reply buttons didn't really need changing as yellow goes well with green, but since there's quite a demand, I'll see what I can do.

ODDBODD 10-29-2001 06:51 AM

overall good but i just don't like the munch picture

Xavier 10-29-2001 05:32 PM

:

Originally posted by ODDBODD:
overall good but i just don't like the munch picture
The pic can better, your right, I don't know how Sydney can put A SCANED pic in the oddforum emblème, Why not a good pic ?

Oddville=> your pic is very good but... it's scaned from a magasine, so I never use it to make a site

ODDBODD 10-31-2001 08:49 AM

well i guess that there is no online pic

Sydney 10-31-2001 09:01 AM

:

Originally posted by Xavier:
The pic can better, your right, I don't know how Sydney can put A SCANED pic in the oddforum emblème, Why not a good pic ?
I love that picture of Munch, it places emphasis on the fact that he's ugly. Another reason why Oddworld is different. True, the image isn't stunning quality but it'll do for now.

Electronic Gaming Monthly's shipment to Australia is delayed a few weeks, but when I get a copy I'll scan a higher resolution version. My scanner is pretty good. Believe it or not, but the picture of Munch in the wheelchair on the front of Oddworldian was from a scanned image.

Xavier 10-31-2001 11:09 AM

:

Originally posted by Sydney:
Believe it or not, but the picture of Munch in the wheelchair on the front of Oddworldian was from a scanned image.
I think it was from one of the Wallpapers...

Xavier 10-31-2001 01:28 PM

here is the same pic of the revolting pic

http://www.vykkerslabs.com/hack/art/...iveAdammit.jpg

Cool Paramite 10-31-2001 04:58 PM

I think the Munch pic is composed of this two pictures (copy and paste ones):
http://www.geocities.com/oddworld333...unchvideo4.jpg
http://us.share.geocities.com/oddwor...EW/ad1and2.bmp

Xavier 10-31-2001 05:08 PM

of cource, they are 2 differents pics, the leg is not complete on the advertising

Gluk Schmuck 10-31-2001 06:09 PM

hey, i've an idea...!!!
everyone else: *looks woried*

y'know how some people don't like the new design yet...

maybe AB could put in a hack which, on your personal settings, you can choose which forum design you want to use...
ie. place a drop-down box which has the following choices...
"Version 1"
"Version 2"
"Version 3"
"Version 4"
"Version 5 - Munch + Meep + Fuzzles"
"Version 6 - Munch w/SS Brew can + Happy Fuzzle"
"Forum Standard - Version 6"
"Random - displays different version on every visit"
...good idea, no?

gimmicy - yes
half-useful - yes
takes up another byte (or more) per member on the forum's webspace - yes

takes up a lot of AB's time - yes!

y' don't have to use this idea, it was just a thought...

Sydney 11-01-2001 03:48 AM

:

Originally posted by Xavier:
I think it was from one of the Wallpapers...
When I said it was from a scanned image, what I meant was it was from a scanned image.

Xavier 11-01-2001 04:27 AM

don't worry, I just mis understand you