thread: Mars
View Single Post
09-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

: Aug 2006
: Exquisite Squalor
: 5,657
Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)

:
There is no intelligent life on Mars, dummy. Maybe a few worms, but who cares? We have those on Earth. They're pretty boring.
Oh shit dog, you just stirred up the hive.

Worms are amazing. We know so little about them, including how hardy they can be, how deep they go, what incidental features helped subspecies survive in crazy biospheres...if there were worms on mars, there could be men on Mars in no time at all, growing mars food and shortly pooping mars poops. Worms are quite literally one of the only reasons humans can proliferate so much, worms take care of billions of background processes that we don't have the technology to manage.

Did you know that famed accidental Evolutionary Biologist Charles Darwin spent the majority of his professional career examining and researching different worm species? It's a myth that chopping a worm up into little pieces will produce several equally functional critters, but you CAN remove a massive amount of flesh from a worm and it will keep working thanks it its crazy morphology and motivated little brain.

Seriously, if there were worms on Mars it would blow our understanding on the conditions necessary for life wide open. I was hoping for an Alien Ruins announcement but salt water is just as good.