thread: The End of OWF
View Single Post
11-30-2020, 01:33 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)
The End of OWF

Hello everyone, I hope you're all keeping safe and well amidst the plague, corruption and general societal decline that has gripped the world this year. As Phoetux pointed out in his post on the 18th November, oddworldforums.net is no longer an accessible domain. Like an octogenarian wracked with seisures, OWF is slowly but inextricably declining. With every new tragedy that befalls our beleaguered forum, more and more of its essence slips away, ebbing in 1s and 0s back into the stuff of the internet itself.

There will come a time very soon when one of us makes a post, unwitting of the fact that it will be the last to ever grace this hallowed, noble place. Oddworld Forums, my internet home, and a place dearly and inextricably licked to the very fabric of my Self, will vanish in a final burst of internet timeouts and domain name errors.

What is to be done, then? I don't think it's wise to build a new forum. As has been noted in Phoetux's post, it wouldn't be quite right, and it certainly wouldn't be OWF. A couple of months ago I did a bit of digging and realised that the domain name oddworldforums.net might be up for grabs next year. I had planned to snatch it up, if possible, and build a memorial page for all our members lost to the eons of time. Is this something you guys might like to see? If so, let me know below. I've written up a list of names I'd planned to add to the tombstone. If you think any are missing, do make a suggestion and I'll add them in.

List of Dearly Departed Members
  • Abe is now!
  • Alcar
  • AlexFili
  • Alf Shall Rise
  • Anonyman!
  • Bullet Magnet
  • Connell
  • Crashpunk
  • DarkHoodness
  • Daxter King
  • Disgruntled Intern
  • Dixanadu
  • Dripik
  • Dynamithix
  • Enchilado
  • FennecFyre
  • FrustratedAssassin
  • Fuzzle Guy
  • Havoc
  • Hobo
  • Holysock
  • JayDee
  • JennyGenesis
  • Job McYossie
  • Jordan
  • Josh
  • Joshkrz
  • Kapteeni13
  • Laser
  • Leto
  • MA
  • Mac Sirloin
  • Manco
  • Max the Mug
  • MeechMunchie
  • MeechShrykul1029
  • moxco
  • Mr. Bungle
  • Nate
  • Nepsotic
  • OANST
  • Oddey
  • OddjobAbe
  • Phoetux
  • Phylum
  • Pilot
  • Ridg3
  • Rex Tirano
  • RoryF
  • scrabface
  • Sekto Springs
  • Shaman
  • Slogbait
  • Splat
  • Strike Witch
  • STM
  • T-Nex
  • Used
  • Varrok
  • Vlam
  • V_O_T
  • Vyrien
  • Wil
  • Wings of Fire
  • Xavier
  • Xorlidyr

Last edited by STM; 12-03-2020 at 09:30 AM..