paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Happy The Oddworld we all want to see!

Imagine seeing Oddworld this way in the game play:

The game play seems so real and life like that everything and every inhabitant does it's own thing (life cycles). I can see you as Abe or Munch walking into a Mudokin Village and seeing all the Mudokins doing their own thing. Like a couple Muds would be riding Elums into the wilderness to search for food while others would be returning from the wilderness with some supplies. I can see Mudokins on foot starting conversation with other Muds but you can understand what they are saying and not just jibber jabber. and other Muds can be walking in and out of their huts or tents. I can see something funny happen in such a case where a Mud is cooking something and all of a sudden some Mudokin children or an Elum goes nuts and knocks over a pot of hot steaming water and it spills all over the Mud. He gets mad chases the Mudokin children or Elum awey. I can see you walking into the tents and wittnessing some kind of Mudokin ritual where the tribal chiefs are conjouring up their mistic mojo.

Mainly I want everything to do their own thing on top of the stuff we know now with the emotions, plus it would be different every time you play the game. Could you imagine walking out onto a field and you see Mudokins chaseing some animals on their Elums or wittnessing the capture of Mudokin natives to turn into scrubs or slaves by the Magog? Lastly it would be cool to see Mudokin children. Different ages for Mudokins not just adult Mudokins. That would add an interesting verity to the game play. And to top it all off I could see small wars or desputes taking place between different Mudokin tribes. And all of this would be taking place in the game play.

Mainly I think that is what Munch was originally going to be like. And I have no doubt in my mind that Lanning wants the game play to be like that for Oddworld. Just imagine playing in the game like that. Thats just incredible to me. It's possible.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 07-17-2002 at 03:48 AM..