View Single Post
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

On top of our recent YouTube channel and Twitter feed, TOL has something new: revision history and feeds for TOE! Just click on that little orange symbol that appears in the address bar in Firefox, and you can subscribe to receive all the latest updates to any article in the Encyclopædia. In fact, if you go to the new updates page, you can subscribe to a feed that lists all updates.

And try the ‘View updates’ links already! You can check out archived revisions of every article, including a version of the FAQ from 2003!

Why do I think for an instant you’d care? First of all I’ve been building these since April and I’d like to know it was worth it. Secondly, it means there is now an automatic mechanism for recognizing updates. I don’t have to run here or to the home page to make a big list of all the new articles; in fact I’m not going to any more. I can upload what I like when I like, and you need to keep your eye on the updates to see what’s happening. Consider it an empowerment.

Later, my lovelies.