07-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

:
We reserve colours for those members who occupy Moderator, Super Moderator, Global Moderator , Admnistrator, and Special Members. Giving them to everyone will cause a general eye-sore, and break the continuity of our rank system.

That being said, SeaRex is not going to give out custom titles left, right and center. Only those that deserve them will get them, and even then we have to decide who gets them to make sure that not everyone has one. Otherwise the point of showing off good members is lost.
Right, right... my question was really more wondering if it could still be done, than actually suggesting that it be done. I used to do it on my forum, and used it similarly to the custom title - when I felt it was time to give a noteworthy member recognition, and they already had a custom title, I'd offer them a colour for their name or custom title, and they could pick any colour they wanted - very few ever got it, but "the gang" as I called them, the top 10 or so noteworthy members all had their colours on show. To save confusion between these members and the mods, the mods were denoted with different coloured rank stars.

:
I've always encouraged people to question my decisions. Because it not only allows people to express their own thoughts, but it makes me look at my own decisions more than once in a different light. For example, the thread you just posted on a games forum, initially I read the first few sentences and thought "this ain't happening while I live". But reading on and listening to all the very good reasons, I was actually thinking to myself why I wouldn't want to go through with it. And so now we're discussing a games forum

Alcar...
This is of course true! But that particular time I didn't really have any right to question you, because I was doing so on the basis that you weren't here often, when actually you're easily here often enough to make a judgement about who would be better suited to being a mod.

I believe that all ideas and thoughts should be posted anyway, for the same reasons you pointed out. It's better to post them and find out whether they're worth a dime or not, than it is to not bother and potentially miss out on something important.