Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Yeah, the forums aren't in any danger of dying. They never were, and they never will be. We've always managed to overcome anything. Eddie, I find it rather sad that after all this time, you still hold some grudge. Most people have learnt to get over it.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

09-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Maybe it sounds a little corny to ask this, but how you been these past few months/years/however long it's been?
I've been fine. I recently had plastic surgery to my face (July), and I'm very pleased with the results. My next step is sex reassignment surgery.
09-02-2004, 05:04 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)

:
I don't see how exaggerating the forums current situation is going to help the pre-pubescants grab the concept that they're being twatords. Do you?

And i adore that picture Atusi!!
hehe thank you

atusiya's father...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bow.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	13.5 
ID:	2349  
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

09-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

:
I've been fine. I recently had plastic surgery to my face (July), and I'm very pleased with the results. My next step is sex reassignment surgery.
Plastic surgery, you went to those vykkers? Were you realy that ugly...

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

09-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Dude, don't be mean.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

09-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Plastic surgery, you went to those vykkers? Were you realy that ugly...
No, you idiot. The surgery was just to make me look unquestionably female.
09-02-2004, 08:19 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

: North East England
: 479
ClaireBear  (10)

:
They amputated your hands did they? (Sorry Pet couldn't resist that one!)

No... seriously Kudos... thats cool! I have the upmost respect for those in your situation.. I can't comprehend how difficult it must be/have been for you.

(If what you're saying is true and not a wind up... if its a wind then... Hmmm! nice!)
09-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

:
Ahhh... um, ok.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

09-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

*Deep Respectful Bow* Welcome Back Syd, I think the last time I talked to you was before TGA closed down. Well anyways welcome back.

-Al-
09-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

Well forum founder is quite the prestigious title to hold. Much respect to you for this wonderful (yes it STILL is everybody) place.

Welcome back.

VaniLLaKiLLah rocks! She made my sig!

09-02-2004, 03:46 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I've heard a lot of you, Sydney...but I can never get clear on exactly what happened with the forum split and blah blah.

Anyway...welcome back.

-oddguy

09-02-2004, 05:01 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Sydney, I notice that your gender icon is that of a female, but your speak of surgery would suggest otherwise. Are you a male in the process of becoming female, so to speak?

09-04-2004, 07:48 AM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

Don't let my newness fool you, Syd. I know much of your greatness, so I gratefully bow to you, my queen. Apparently, I'm not the only one who doesn't really know what happened when you left, so would someone mind catching up those that don't know? I'm under the impression it was pretty messy though, so if bringing it up again would cause problems, disregard my request.
09-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Whilst Sydney was busy having a cigarette on the H.M.S OWForums Pilot sneaked up behind her, grabbed her legs and heaved her overboard, cackling manically. He then distributed a message across the tannoy saying how "We have to move forward" and other crap about Aliens. Upon realising what had happened, many of the members mutinised back, going "MY GOD!! EVIL BEAST!!" but eventually they realised they couldn't win...and jumped overboard.

Sydney and co then decided to make a Pirate vessel of their own, and it sailed gloriously under the Sun, living by their own rules. But sadly, some unknown sea beast took ahold of the ship and damaged it sufficiently. They did, however, manage to escape. Sydney knew the damages to the ship were bad though, and so destroyed the G-Asylum and merrily sank with it to the abyss...

Other members then scrambled to a smaller ship called the Stonage-R where they still reside today, living by their own rules and revelling in chaos. Some have created their own minature vessels, however, and sail the rough seas of T'internet with amazing courage.

Since then Pilot "MYSTERIOUSLY" *Looks across at certain forumers* disappeared off the ship H.M.S OWForums, and Abebabe and Alcar took charge, picking up new people as they went along.

Now, all of a sudden Sydney has dragged herself up from the depths of the sea to claim her rightful seat in the Captains quarters...*Dramatic cresendo*

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

09-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

:
Whilst Sydney was busy having a cigarette on the H.M.S OWForums Pilot sneaked up behind her, grabbed her legs and heaved her overboard, cackling manically. He then distributed a message across the tannoy saying how "We have to move forward" and other crap about Aliens. Upon realising what had happened, many of the members mutinised back, going "MY GOD!! EVIL BEAST!!" but eventually they realised they couldn't win...and jumped overboard.

Sydney and co then decided to make a Pirate vessel of their own, and it sailed gloriously under the Sun, living by their own rules. But sadly, some unknown sea beast took ahold of the ship and damaged it sufficiently. They did, however, manage to escape. Sydney knew the damages to the ship were bad though, and so destroyed the G-Asylum and merrily sank with it to the abyss...

Other members then scrambled to a smaller ship called the Stonage-R where they still reside today, living by their own rules and revelling in chaos. Some have created their own minature vessels, however, and sail the rough seas of T'internet with amazing courage.

Since then Pilot "MYSTERIOUSLY" *Looks across at certain forumers* disappeared off the ship H.M.S OWForums, and Abebabe and Alcar took charge, picking up new people as they went along.

Now, all of a sudden Sydney has dragged herself up from the depths of the sea to claim her rightful seat in the Captains quarters...*Dramatic cresendo*
Suprisingly accurate, actually. I'm impressed with your story telling ability, chap. You should be one of those creepy no lifers who sits around at the public library and reads to young children who don't pay attention.
09-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

Hello again, queen Sydney. Always nice to have the old people returning. *bows quickly and escapes through the back door*

09-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

:

I'll agree with Majic that was as a great job in telling the story.
09-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

*walks in* *waves* Hiya Syd, long time no see. *walks out*

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

09-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

Good recount of what happened Jacob
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

09-05-2004, 01:49 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

*claps*

Nice work, Jacob. That was hilariously odd, but at the same time oddly cool. You should get old and grow one of those really long beards that kind of ends in a point and develop a Southern drawl and become an old guy who sits in an old rocker on his porch and tells tales to young passersby. Oh, and you'll need a brown jug with XXX written on the side.

09-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

Oh look! Sydney is back. The person I can never figure out if they are a male or female...
09-06-2004, 04:59 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Yeah Syd, set us all straight: what are you, exactly?

09-06-2004, 06:29 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Welcome back Syd as you can see your old stomping grounds have become a wasteland of drunks, fags whome haven't reach puberty yet and of course wierdos with no life such as I and many many many others whome occupy this region of cyber space. Be my guess look around but I warn you your jungle has turned into Geek fest 2004! Bows in most respect for Sydney there is a light!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-06-2004 at 06:38 PM..
09-06-2004, 08:21 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

PA, you brown noser. Stop kissing up to Syd and don't insult me and my fellow forum-goers.

09-07-2004, 03:15 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Hey Its a talent!

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-07-2004 at 03:18 AM..
09-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I'm a bit late ... but welcome back Sydney!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

09-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Al the Glukkon
Super Stingbee

: My house
: 466
Al the Glukkon  (10)

Good storytelling Jacob good thing I have another ship of my own!... well actually it's that guy OddworldFreak's and I forgot the password, dammit. Sydney are you still here?
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
~T.S. Eliot The Waste Land.

09-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

:
PA, you brown noser. Stop kissing up to Syd and don't insult me and my fellow forum-goers.
Its only an insult if you identify with being a drunk/prepubescent fag/wierdo with no life. Are you not telling us something?

09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

As everyone else seems to be saying great job portraing(sp?) forum history into beautiful story Jacob. Oh and Welcome back Syd. Mabye now that your back I'll actually start posting more...but then again. O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

11-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

:
It is I, Founder of Oddworld Forums and once beloved Administrator!

I am your malevolent overlord and I demand that my powers are reinstated.

I shall be your ruthless Queen once more!
*Kneels respectfully.*

Could I request a position as one of your maniacal advisors? All ruthless royals require maniacal advisors!

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist