02-02-2002, 12:30 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)
Other Life

THe thought chills me to the bone. But I would just like to warn you in advance if this conflicts with your religion or beliefs, I am deeply sorry. So my question is do you beleive in life beyond our home planet? Advanced life? Be honest with me.

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: Al the vykker ]
02-02-2002, 12:33 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Nov 2001
: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

Hmmm... I guess u could say sometimes i believe in an after life and sometimes i don't, Most of the time i don't believe in an after life is when i'm in science learning bout DNA, evolution ect.. And the only time i fell there is an after life is when i'm in a good mood. Try not to spend u'r whole life thinking about it, just enjoy u'r life because how about if there is no after life?
02-02-2002, 12:36 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Sorry I did not varify this I was asking do you belive in extra terrestrial life beyond our planet? Hope that clears this up.

Thank you for your honest reply, the thought came up as I was walking home. I just thought I would look at the replies so this won't turn into a religious battle.

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: Al the vykker ]
02-02-2002, 02:23 AM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*I have a very open mind, so unlike those "realists" out there, I'm not going to deny that there is. The realists are the ones who have the attitude that "If I haven't seen it, then it doesn't exist." Honestly, I think that there is a very very good possibility.

02-02-2002, 07:14 AM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

Whell, there's gotta be thinking life somewhere. Y would only earths creatures evolve (uss). The unervers is big. What if somewhere in on the otherer side of our galexy (or just the next star), there would be different creatures who is asking the same questuion?
02-02-2002, 07:34 AM
Fazerina
Super Stingbee

: Dec 2001
: Turku, Finland
: 492
Fazerina  (22)

I believe that there has to be life outside the Earth. If you think about it, it really doesn't make sence that in the hole extremely large universe we would be the only "intelligent" creatures. If there was the Big Bang and evolution and stuff have happened in here, and I believe that they have, why couldn't they happen in other parts of the universe as well?
02-02-2002, 07:52 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

There have to be lots of places in the universe which are capable of sustaining life, for example Europa (I think).

Since the process of life 'appearing' was a simple process here it will probably be a simple process everywhere else with similar conditions.

My answer: It's very likely that there would be ET life.
02-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: 456
Steve  (32)

pilot: the idea of there being no aliens because they haven't come to us is the same as expecting a lobster to jump in a pot and cook itself.

everyone else: yes I do believe in extra terrestrials but we probably wouldn't be able to do anything but comunicate, which seems like enough.
02-02-2002, 11:04 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

*has already given his view in the last Extratrerrestrials topic*

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Well, Steve I think Pilot was just explaining how some people feel that their is no life beyond us. He beleive their is other life though. Nice banner Pilot!
02-02-2002, 04:07 PM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Thank you Al. Yes that is true; many people are arrogant by thinking that we're the only intelligent life in the universe, therefore, we must rule it. Perhaps not to that extreme.. just making a point.

02-03-2002, 02:30 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

Hmmmm..... Lets just say it would be a waste of space if there waas just us in the universe, Also there r thousands of ufo sightings 1 of them must be true!
02-03-2002, 04:25 AM
Capri Ream
Sniper Wasp

: So. Cal
: 268
Capri Ream  (10)

I believe that somewher out there life sustains on a different planet. Alot of scientists say that life can't exist on other planets because they don't have the "correct conditions". But they are assuming that life can only sustain if the conditions are exactly like our own, when it is very likely that life on other planets atapted to their conditions such as we adapted to our own planatary conditions. I mean some aliens might be out there saying life can't exist on our planet because we don't have the "correct conditiond" assuming that thier conditions are the only "correct conditions". N E Wayz that is just my opionion.

http://216.40.201.38/kao/otn/pchocolate.gif

If there isn't choclate in Heaven, I AIN'T GOING!

02-13-2002, 12:36 PM
Gabriel
Chippunk

: Feb 2002
: Finland
: 22
Gabriel  (10)

Yup, I believe that there is lifeforms outside our world and solar system. Because there HAS TO BE! If we are here, then logic says that there must be others too. But, in the other hand, will they ever find us? That's something to think about.

-GM at Final Fantasy Finland
-Administrator at RPGmakerfinland.

02-13-2002, 12:54 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)
Yup...

How can i explain this like the way my Science teacher did...hmmm...well...he said that a Atom looks exactly like out solar system. With the nucleus (I think thats what it was called) in the middle and aload of other particles on the outside, revolving around it. Thus showing possible signs that we are just another Atom for a bigger life form. And Atoms are teeny little things. Like at the end of 'Men in Black' were the Aliens are playing with marbles that have all the galaxies in them. He said that could possibly be what we are like...but in Atoms. Strrrrrange.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Hmm, déja vu.

I was watching a television show the other night about astronomy. For every grain of sand on every beach on earth, there are a million stars just like our own sun. As far as I know, planets around other stars are fairly common. Scientists now believe there's simple life on mars, the current consensus being that if life can live, it will arise. That makes me believe that life is rather abundant.

Given the number of other suns in the universe, it seems likely that there would be many like our own; the similarities might even extend to a moon like ours. If they have a moon like ours, chances are that life on their planet will have evolved more speedily since the tides (which are caused by our moon) result in life being required to adapt to live on land rather than just in the sea.

02-13-2002, 01:37 PM
Whistling kettle
Boombat

: Jan 2002
: The Netherlands
: 239
Whistling kettle  (10)

Yes, I believe that there is intelligent life on other
planets... That on very much planets intelligent live is.
But are they coming to this planet? Can we ever reach
planets so far away from the Earth? Because I think
that such planets are not close by the Earth.
Things that we might not go through....

.....................Yellow flub submarine!!!!!!.......
.............................I'll do it my way............

02-13-2002, 06:14 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Happy

You know, the possibllities of other life in the Universe is endless. I do believe there is something else out there. Every time I look out at the night sky I get this gut feeling about that. I have been on two carabean cruises and at night in the middle of the ocean thousands of miles from land there is complete darkness. You won't believe how many stars there are. It's incredable. We can't be alone. By that fact I still believe in a God and that he or what ever God is is an everlasting creator of life. I believe at this moment Life is being born on some distant world. It makes you wounder doesant it? It makes me better aprecieate universe.
02-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Good Point paramite Abe, think of all the star systems. Ones on the other side of the universe could be doing everything we are doing I have a theory though but I will discuss it later.....
02-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

Steve  (32)

our moon is much more useful than just the tides. I believe that the moon holds the earth steady; the sahara desert was created by a 3 point movement of the earths axis(I think). also you could say that without the moon there would be no reason for humans to have tried to go into space in the first place.
02-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Gabriel
Chippunk

: Finland
: 22
Gabriel  (10)

About otherlife...we could have very weird lifeforms on our planet. In the history of life, there have been 5 massive waves of extinction. The most horrible (before the dinosaurs) wiped out about 98.8% of life on earth. We all know how very different were lifeforms at the times of trilobites. If there wouldn't be those mass-extinctions, then perhaps there would be sorting animals into groups according to that how many eyes they have...

-GM at Final Fantasy Finland
-Administrator at RPGmakerfinland.

02-14-2002, 04:01 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Steve
I believe that the moon holds the earth steady
Apparently they now believe the moon and earth are a binary planet system rather than an earth and moon. They have a common point of rotation.

02-14-2002, 05:59 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Apparently they now believe the moon and earth are a binary planet system rather than an earth and moon. They have a common point of rotation.
I read that in my Junior Guide to the Planets a few years back .

02-14-2002, 06:19 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

Steve  (32)

what I mean't was that the moons gravity makes sure the earths tilt changes and not that it makes sure that it doesn't run into another planet or something.
02-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Danny

I read that in my Junior Guide to the Planets a few years back .
Well aren't you good! Enlighten us with your complex knowledge of the cosmos.

02-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Well aren't you good! Enlighten us with your complex knowledge of the cosmos.
Umm... Ok... Well... *thinks hard* There's these things called... Planets, was it? They... move around... Big burning things... *waves his arms*