02-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Gabriel
Chippunk

: Feb 2002
: Finland
: 22
Gabriel  (10)
Munch's oddyssee for PS2?

I am terribly sorry, if this kind of topic already is, but I didn't find any. Well, I didn't search much either...

But what do you think? Will Munc's oddyssee come for PS2? I think it would be great...and it's pretty possible. They were doing it for PS2 at the beginning and then moved to X-Box. It's more than proboble, that there was small group of coders left, making it for PS2.

We all remember the famous Resident Evil: Code Veronica, that was "for Dreamcast only". Yeah, right.

-GM at Final Fantasy Finland
-Administrator at RPGmakerfinland.

02-12-2002, 04:44 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Simple answer: No.

MO is an XBox exclusive, which means that it'll only be released for XBox. A PS2 release is very highly unlikely.

02-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)
Nope...

Nope. Oddworld is Xbox Xclusive for Munch's Oddysee and the following three games. That means exclusive to the Xbox. Exclusive, meaning not on anything other than Xbox. Sorry.

It's not actually possible. Well, in theory, but Oddworld aren't people to break out of a contract or agreement. They had to pay up one supposedly 'loyal' fan who sued them for implementing the request for Mudokons to have emotions into Abe's Exoddus. What's the purpose of a request if you sue them for accepting??

Anyway, the complex levels of enhancment Munch's Oddysee was subject to could not be restored to PS2 compatability statistics. Incidently, Munch's Oddysee is five Gigabytes in size, so isn't really ideal for PC use. At least, not anyone who isn't Mr Rich and Able to Buy PC with Eight Trillion Terrabyte Hard-Drive.

[edit]: Oh Jee, thanks for letting me type all that up while you press 'post'. Oh well...

02-13-2002, 04:04 AM
Gabriel
Chippunk

: Finland
: 22
Gabriel  (10)

There is only one problem with "Xclusives". That's what they are very rarely. RE: CV was "Dreamcast Exclusive." And wasn't FFVI? About the last one I ain't SO sure...Indeed, a problem probably is, that PS2 is too slow...PS3 will be "a bit" better than PS2 or X-Box, but who knows? They'll probably will make X-Box 2 too.

-GM at Final Fantasy Finland
-Administrator at RPGmakerfinland.

02-13-2002, 06:40 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)
Native Nope

One word:Nope.
Munch's Oddysee is an XBox exclusive and XBox launches in U.K