: 23.

03-24-2002, 09:25 PM
munchman
Clakker Relic Miner

: Dec 2001
: Unknown
: 886
munchman  (10)
Question What kind of movie do you like???

just woundering what kind of shows all you peeps watch, i watch Horror the most.

03-25-2002, 12:15 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Oh dear...this is a tuffy...
I believe its mostly sci fi/fantasy I watch, with a bit of comidy (ARGH! why can't I spell tonight!?) and horror here and there.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

03-25-2002, 01:27 AM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)
>>>>

Being a movie buff, I really can't answer this question... No genre is superior, because there are good films and bad films. Good dramas, bad dramas, good horrors, horrible horrors... This is too general of a question... If you ask me what type of comedy I like, I would say intelligent humor, or dark humor... But I just like smart, good films... No answer...
03-25-2002, 03:30 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2002
: Colorado
: 283
Dequibenzo  (10)

Yeah, jeez, might as well ask us which we prefer, eating or drinking. It all depends on your mood. I consider myself a bit of an officiado also, but I must admit, if I had to pick, it'd probably be bad scifi. The worse the better. Rubbery monster costumes, horribley shallow characters, effects that would shame Roger Corman (ha ha, just kidding. As we all know, he's beyond shame),
I find them all strangely refreshing.
03-25-2002, 03:38 AM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

Yeah, sci-fiction.
Note. You forgott "action" on you're list
03-25-2002, 03:42 AM

:
Originally posted by Dequibenzo
Yeah, jeez, might as well ask us which we prefer, eating or drinking. It all depends on your mood. I consider myself a bit of an officiado also, but I must admit, if I had to pick, it'd probably be bad scifi. The worse the better. Rubbery monster costumes, horribley shallow characters, effects that would shame Roger Corman (ha ha, just kidding. As we all know, he's beyond shame),
I find them all strangely refreshing.
You like Gilliam, you like cheesy movies! I like you... Coleman Francis, Ed Wood and Roger Corman... They are on my list of cheesiest film-makers... Have you ever watched MST3K? (Mystery Science Theater 3000) It's a hilarious show in which a man and two robots are forced to watch horrid films, and they are seen at the bottom of the screen making incredibly clever and funny comments throughout...

Edit: You also like JTHM, are a film maker and you live in Colorado! Creepy!

Last edited by Melvin:squeeking paramite; 03-24-2002 at 08:24 PM..
03-25-2002, 04:19 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

Dequibenzo  (10)

Melvin- Jeez, dude, this is uncanny. I'm a huge MST3K fan- I have like 80 episodes on tape. So weird. Let's see, you're into JTHM, MST3K, and Oddworld... ever read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or played a game called The NeverhoOd? If so, we're pretty much the same person, and we must battle over a pit of lava to determine which one can continue on in my/your/our niche in the universe. Otherwise the continuem will falter and all life may cease.

Last edited by Dequibenzo; 03-24-2002 at 08:25 PM..
03-25-2002, 04:27 AM

:
Melvin- Jeez, dude, this is uncanny. I'm a huge MST3K fan- I have like 80 episodes on tape. So weird. Let's see, you're into JTHM, MST3K, and Oddworld... ever read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or played a game called The NeverhoOd? If so, we're pretty much the same person, and we must battle over a pit of lava to determine which one can continue on in my/your/our niche in the universe. Otherwise the continuem will falter and all life may cease.
I have read it... and I have played NeverHood and Skull monkeys... You're a doppelganger! A doppelganger, I say! *backs away* Spoooooky...
03-25-2002, 04:41 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

Dequibenzo  (10)

Oh, great, just what I need, another evil twin. I already had one, but he lived in Canada, so it wasn't that big a deal. Oy, this could be interesting.
Hmm, let's get more specific. Do you have a black goatee? If so, then you must be my evil twin. Are you an albino with a polygonal chin? If so, then you must be the bizzaro me. Is everything that I do that is blue come out red for you for no reason whatsoever? If so, then you are evil me from another dimension Ala sliders when it got all stupid and the fat guy was dead. Do you have a gigantic scar on the right side of your body that has been there since birth? if so, then you are sinister me. And, finally, what is your gender? Doesn't mean anything, just curious.
03-25-2002, 04:49 AM

:
Oh, great, just what I need, another evil twin. I already had one, but he lived in Canada, so it wasn't that big a deal. Oy, this could be interesting.
Hmm, let's get more specific. Do you have a black goatee? If so, then you must be my evil twin. Are you an albino with a polygonal chin? If so, then you must be the bizzaro me. Is everything that I do that is blue come out red for you for no reason whatsoever? If so, then you are evil me from another dimension Ala sliders when it got all stupid and the fat guy was dead. Do you have a gigantic scar on the right side of your body that has been there since birth? if so, then you are sinister me. And, finally, what is your gender? Doesn't mean anything, just curious.
Doo de doo... Hmmm... I have a snarling mouth, a black goatee, a scar running across my arm from when devout Christians attacked me, a limp from when they attacked me and insane, careless hair. I am male... I have concluded that I am the cynic you, and I came from a worm hole that ruptured time and space, created for the sole purpose of being bitter, and to be the almighty twin of you... So there...
03-25-2002, 04:55 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

Dequibenzo  (10)

ah, cynical me, I see. The other guy was just hairy me, I suppose. This reminds me of Yoshis, those stupid little dinosaurs that Mario rides. I have no idea why, it just does.
I, too, am male. Will coincidences never cease!?!?
You and I should meet some time. Then the universe would collapse, and it'd be cool looking. All spinny and orange, I would think. Then you and I and evil canadian me/you could form a triune of evil, and... I dunno. Sell custom mailboxes along the side of a highway, probably. Evil isn't all it's cracked up to be.
03-25-2002, 01:25 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Science Fiction, fantasy, Horror, and comedy. Some times I like adventure like Indana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Thats my favorite one. I think there is a rumer going around that they are going to make 4th Indana Jones. That will be so cool!
:
Paramiteabe says: PACK YOUR BAGS, WE ARE SHIPPING YOU OFF TO ODDWORLD!
03-25-2002, 01:32 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)
Native

This is a tough old desicion but.........

..I like comedy like Big Momma's House, Blue Streak, Bedazzled, (etc)..

I also sort of like sci fi or action/aventure films, to name a few action films I like are Tomb Raider (etc)...

:
i think there is a rumer going around that they are going to make 4th Indana Jones.
Whoa I hope so, I like the Indy films.

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky

03-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I like comedy.

I heard about the new Indy film too. My mum reckons its true. Probably in a magazine or something...

03-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I watch anything good basically. Star Trek is rubbish and stuff but stuff like 'Blade' thats good...dunno y i posted...i jus did

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

03-25-2002, 08:58 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
I think there is a rumer going around that they are going to make 4th Indana Jones.
I, umm, I hate to depress you all, but that ain't no rumour... They are making a fourth Indiana Jones movie. And yes, I'm sorry to say it, but it stars Leonardo DiCaprio...

Speaking of movies, I just got back from watching The Royal Tenenbaums. It is very good...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-26-2002, 05:24 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

Dequibenzo  (10)

Wow. Blade to Royal Tenenbaums in just two posts. That's an incredible acceleration rate- crap to fantastic in two seconds flat.
03-26-2002, 03:22 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Were you saying Blade was the shitter of the 2?

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

03-26-2002, 05:01 PM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

Dequibenzo  (10)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
Were you saying Blade was the shitter of the 2?
Yeah, comparatively. Blade is better than John Carpenter's Vampires, I'll give it that, but there really hasn't been a decent big-time vampire movie made for years now. And the Blade sequal looks like it's REALLY gonna suck. Ah, Bela Lugosi, where are ya when we needs ya?
03-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Blade had a good story...and the disco scene was soooo original...plus, Gitanno had gorgeous eyes...and it had the Russian blonde vamp in...wots not 2 like!?

03-26-2002, 11:24 PM
munchman
Clakker Relic Miner

: Dec 2001
: Unknown
: 886
munchman  (10)

:
Originally posted by dark_xinos

Note. You forgott "action" on you're list
sorry bout that guys

03-27-2002, 12:29 AM
Capri Ream
Sniper Wasp

: So. Cal
: 268
Capri Ream  (10)
Happy

I like animated movies mostly, but since the majority are comideis and I watch alot of live action comedies I figured that comedy was the best choice.

http://216.40.201.38/kao/otn/pchocolate.gif

If there isn't choclate in Heaven, I AIN'T GOING!

03-27-2002, 01:37 AM

The Royal Tenenbaums was pretty good... Not the best, but out of many of the films out it was good. Clever, funny and entertaining enough... Mmmm...

And Dicaprio in the 4th Indiana Jones movie? Hopefully it's a prequel, because if Harrison Ford doesn't play the current Indiana, I'll be confused and sad...

:
Ah, Bela Lugosi, where are ya when we needs ya?
Amen... Most current vampire movies... Ugh....
03-27-2002, 04:02 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

Dequibenzo  (10)

What was that thing with Aliyah, or whatever dead-girl's name was, about Vampires? Some god-awful thing from Anne Rice (ooh, that narrows it down), I don't even remember what. There should be a law putting a cap on the number of movies you're allowed to be in after your own death, I think, even if you are playing an undead character. It's just too creepy.
03-27-2002, 04:13 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

I prefer comedy movies the most. Well nearly every movie is a comedy to me. I laugh at nearly everything. Like horror movies I just laugh the whole way through I can't stop.
Did you just say that Dicaprio will be in a Indiana Jones movie? SICK. That's not cool at all That's cruel. But are you sure it's true? My brother has the making of all the Indiana Jones movies and they said they weren't going to make a 4th one. I really hope that they don't make another one.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

03-27-2002, 05:07 AM

Queen of the dead...?

:
What was that thing with Aliyah, or whatever dead-girl's name was, about Vampires? Some god-awful thing from Anne Rice (ooh, that narrows it down), I don't even remember what. There should be a law putting a cap on the number of movies you're allowed to be in after your own death, I think, even if you are playing an undead character. It's just too creepy.
I think it may have been called Queen of the Dead.... That DID look god-awful! Uck... That looked so stupid and boring. I know, I haven't seen it... But from just watching trailers for it.... Ugh. And Anne Rice isn't THAT bad. He (yes, he... Anne Rice isn't his real name) isn't too bad... I mean, he wrote Interview With a Vampire which wasn't too bad... Not that Rice can compare with many others, but still...

Last edited by Melvin:squeeking paramite; 03-28-2002 at 04:36 AM..
03-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'Queen of the dead' i think it was called. Looked quite good...and it had Lestat in...hurrah!! etc etc

03-27-2002, 04:02 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Melvin:squeeking paramite
And Dicaprio in the 4th Indiana Jones movie? Hopefully it's a prequel, because if Harrison Ford doesn't play the current Indiana, I'll be confused and sad...
My friend Dave (who is quite a film buff - he's going all the way to America to watch the premiere of Jason X...) said that it was going to be a prequel and that Leo DiCrap was going to be in it. He didn't say he was actually going to be playing Indiana Jones, but I assumed that that was what he meant... I'll have to go and ask him about it...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-27-2002, 04:08 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)

:
Originally posted by Melvin:squeeking paramite

I think it may have been called Queen of the Dead.... That DID look god-awful! Uck... That looked so stupid and boring. I know, I haven't seen it... But from just watching trailers for it.... Ugh. And Anne Rice isn't THAT bad. He (yes, he... Anne Rice isn't his real name) isn't too bad... I mean, he wrote Interview With a Vampire which wasn't too bad... Not that Rice can compare with many others, but still...

*has decided to number posts* 667...
It's acutally called 'Queen Of the Damned'.

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky

03-27-2002, 04:29 PM

:
Originally posted by MunchOnThis
It's acutally called 'Queen Of the Damned'.
Ah... I was thinking one of those... I guess I was wrong in the end... Either way, yech....

We should have a film night at the Oddworld forums, and all go watch "Sewage Baby"! Yay...

Last edited by Melvin:squeeking paramite; 03-28-2002 at 04:35 AM..