03-19-2002, 02:45 AM
Oddness
Thudslug

: Nov 2001
: Australia
: 179
Oddness  (11)
Happy

Wow, that sounds great!! I live in Sydney, so just tell me when you've finalised the date...
03-19-2002, 07:03 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I am too with Mudokin Oddball. I too live in Ohio up near Cleveland. Say I wish you could visit us here in the Great Lakes. Like first visit the western part like you said then come over into the north Eastern part Like Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Pennselvania, Michigan and maybe even Canada and do a tour here as well. That would be great. That would be cool. But I doubt that will ever happen. Oh well!
03-19-2002, 07:55 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)
Dead Sites to see, people to stalk.

Hey, I don't suppose you could drive waaaaaay over here, couldja? There are a bunch of great sites to see! Like... Ummm... Well... (Help me out here, guys!) Aww crap... I just won't get to meet ya. Why did I have to be born in the Midwest? Why?!?

03-21-2002, 02:18 AM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOkay, let me see here...

Those of you who live further east: Dragadon, Joe the Intern, Mudokon Oddball, Paramiteabe: Abe Babe and I are at the moment debating as to whether we should come further East.. we think we might be able to do it. We've got approximately 3 1/2 weeks in the US before flying to Australia, and we just need to see if we can drive across the country and back in that time.
Everyone else who lives out of the way: we might be able to work you into our trip, so speak up!

Alector: We'd love to do that! But like I said, it might be a little while before we can make the journey to Europe... and the UK if anybody there is interested.

Disgruntled Intern: Of course we'd like to meet up with you. Let's get together on that and see what we can work out.

Oddness: There sure are a lot of people in and around Sydney! Yes, we'll let you know when we're going to be in the area.

Everybody: I want to ask everyone who wants to meet up what they would like to do? I'm sure that you'd all like a nice friendly conversation, but beyond that, is there anything in particular that any of you had in mind?

I also wanted to tell everybody that we will be putting together a photo album of our trip. Prepare to be photographed!

03-21-2002, 04:26 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Well pilot, there isn't really much to do in my home town...although I'm only an hour or so out of fresno, which has some pretty fun things...i guess anyway.
Why not tell me of some things you guys would like to do or see?...ah.....me so confused.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

03-21-2002, 06:28 PM
Fazerina
Super Stingbee

: Turku, Finland
: 492
Fazerina  (22)

Ah... That sounds so cool! I would also like to see you guys, but that isn't very likely to happen...

But hey! I wanna see the pics then.
03-22-2002, 11:19 AM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

:
Originally posted by Fazerina
Ah... That sounds so cool! I would also like to see you guys, but that isn't very likely to happen...

But hey! I wanna see the pics then.
YES! You haveto take pics of EVERYTHIng *lol* you see!
03-22-2002, 07:25 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Well, I can only meet in Flagstaff or Phoenix on the dates listed above in an earlier post. So, when exactly are you going to be in America?
03-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Currently I am looking to arrive in America on the 18th June. Justin has to graduade school before the trip is able to begin. Unfortunately it looks like we might miss you.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

03-24-2002, 09:38 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)
Wired

Hey heres a cool idea. If for say you do come east not saying you are, we could all go to Cedar Point for the day. It is the largest Amusement park in the world. and I live at least an hour and a half from it. It's in Sandusky Ohio right on the shores of Lake Erie. There are actually hotels in the park itself. And those of you who have never been there would definatly get a treat. 15 of the worlds largest coasters and of coarse the Millenieum Force. Or we could go to Paramounts Kings Island or Six Flags. But Cedar Point is the # 1 park. We could also go to the Rock n Roll Hall a Fame in Cleveland. Or go to Put n Bay. That is an Island in Lake Erie. it is so cool. There is strip on the island everybody rents and drives a Golf cart or a Moped on the Island. Last year I went with a bunch of my buddys there and we stayed there for the weekond. We rented these kick a** golf carts that had to have gone almost 50 mph. It was so fun! So theres an idea on what you could do here if you come out here. There are other things too. I know my way around and I can show some pretty cool places here.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 03-24-2002 at 02:24 PM..
03-25-2002, 01:50 AM
munchman
Clakker Relic Miner

: Unknown
: 886
munchman  (10)

have fun on your trip, maybe we will run into each other, thats in possible or is it? see you around

03-25-2002, 03:04 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2002
: Colorado
: 283
Dequibenzo  (10)

Oh, what a cool idea! I live smack dab in the middle of Colorado, which is only a little out of your way if you're going to New Mexico. Actually, it might be a better route for you to get to Arizona through here, or maybe my geography is just bad. Anyway, under whaterver circumstances, definately take lots of pictures, and post em in a thread. I've wanted to see what some of you people look like for a while now.
03-25-2002, 08:53 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

:
Originally posted by Silversnow

I totally agree. Why not add us to the england and germany tour Claud mentioned?
A little late, yes. Anyway, there is no England or Germany tour. What is happening is that Claudia (and her father), Dan, Tom, Me, Mactus (my friend) and possibly Jess will go meet up in London (and see Anna at the same time), and then we'll all go down into Hockley, where me and Mactus live, and they might stay there or near there for a week. This might happen in the summer (note the "might". It may not happen at all. It will if everything goes to plan, though, me hopes). Oh well. *Gets back to reading the topic*
- DH

03-27-2002, 12:25 AM
Capri Ream
Sniper Wasp

: So. Cal
: 268
Capri Ream  (10)
Happy Oooooh...what o do in the middle of the dry dry desert?

Gee, since I live in Hick Town USA in the desert and am going to summer school to get advanced credit for P.E and Somphmore English, I guess the best we could do is go to Knott's Berry Farm. I say Knott's because Disneyland's EXPENSIVE, you have to wait three hours to get on any ride at Six Flags Magic Moutin, and Universal Studies is as bad as Disneyland price wise. Besides, Knott's is only about an hour away from the High Desert and is REALLY REALLY fun (*cough* and cheap *cough*)

http://216.40.201.38/kao/otn/pchocolate.gif

If there isn't choclate in Heaven, I AIN'T GOING!

03-30-2002, 11:45 PM
Tex
Bolamite

: North Carolina, USA
: 53
Tex  (10)

I live in North Carolina, and there is no way in the world my parents would let me do this Oh well, maybe when I get older.....

But what you guys are doing is really wonderful There's gonna be a lot of happy forumers!
04-03-2002, 10:07 AM
Paramite Pie
Stunk

: Mar 2002
: Inside Paramite Pie number 368749200
: 45
Paramite Pie  (10)
Native Why not Perth... hehe

Poor me. I live in Australia but I LIVE IN MANDURAH!!!!

NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS TO MANDURAH (or me)!!

Mandurah is just down from Perth! Could you consider coming by?

PS: What would you guys be doin on this tour? NE thin' special... also, how old are youz guys. I don't wanna make an ass of myself if your all like 30 or somethin!

04-04-2002, 01:43 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)
Re: Why not Perth... hehe

:
Originally posted by Paramite Pie
PS: What would you guys be doin on this tour? NE thin' special... also, how old are youz guys. I don't wanna make an ass of myself if your all like 30 or somethin!
That's a shame... if we had more time we could have tried to make it over.

I am 26 and Pilot is 18. Although just because I'm an older Oddworld fan, doesn't mean I don't like to have fun like everyone else here.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

04-04-2002, 02:48 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

sometimes the age don't have importance...
to be nice and fun, that's important !

04-05-2002, 09:25 AM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

:
Originally posted by Xavier
sometimes the age don't have importance...
to be nice and fun, that's important !
I agree!
04-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Gladeslasher
Zappfly

: Apr 2002
: England
: 7
Gladeslasher  (10)
Blind ahhhh

Sorry if the subjects changed from disin our homes but myn is 2
boring I live in a little quiet village and i have to walk about half
a mile to get to hang out with my friends.Theres hardly any kids up my road apart from one little girl who I hate oh yer and this girl called joy who is 13 and she runs up and down the street with
dolls in prams eeeerrrrr it makes me shuder just thinking about her

(when disin comes in Im the disin master! Ive mastered disin !but no one likes being dised oviesly so whuts da point???)
04-12-2002, 03:58 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

Uuurgh, I hate where I live! I live near Gladeslasher and MY VILLAGE IS SO BORING! Anyone coming towards my place should be warned about a strange mental person who lives there...MEEEEEEEEEEEE!
04-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Re: Re: Why not Perth... hehe

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
I am 26 and Pilot is 18. Although just because I'm an older Oddworld fan, doesn't mean I don't like to have fun like everyone else here.
Hehe...you have toooooooooooooooooo much fun! After meeting Kristen you'll know what i mean, Kristen's a kid at heart

I can't wait to meet up with you guys and gals
But i must ask, will it be one huge metting, or individual mettings?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

04-29-2002, 04:51 AM
Gatalus
Zappfly

: Apr 2002
: Australia
: 13
Gatalus  (10)

Turns out I live between Melbourne and Sydney, and poor Abe Babe and Pilot will have no choice but to go through GOULBURN!!!!

Evil eyes emoticon, evil eyes emoticon, oh here it is:
It's a vampire.... It'll do.

05-19-2002, 03:12 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

Well all, it is only a month until I leave for the US. It is a shame that we couldn't get more people in the areas we are going to, but we will arrange something with all who replied and are on our routes.

I guess this is really a "last call" to anyone else who may be interested. We might also have an Xbox on our trip (not sure about in Australia, as I'd have to carry my heavy power transformer around), so anyone that doesn't have Munch, if they are allowed, we could hook it up to their TV for a while.

Abe Babe...

05-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh my, I had better get back on the ball and contact our friends who wish to meet. We need to work out a date and time to meet. These are the people I have on my list:

Capri Ream
Surfacing
Sydney
Disgruntled Intern
Oddness
Dequibenzo
Alcar
Gatalus

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp We apologize to those of you who want to meet but cannot. I am thinking that we'll be able to meet sometime in the future, as we can always plan an Eastern United States / Western Australia / European tour! So don't worry, you will not be forgotten about!

Shrykullmaster: A bus eh? Well we won't be in a bus, but we will be driving a 1954 Chevy... that's actually more of a boat though.

05-19-2002, 07:40 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

It is a shame we couldn't meet. I leave for Arizona in a few days... I suppose it was not meant to be...
05-26-2002, 03:24 AM
Capri Ream
Sniper Wasp

: So. Cal
: 268
Capri Ream  (10)
Wired Oh Yeah...Knew I forgot somthing

Hehe. Capri forgot that summer school and band camp shall be taking all her time. But my dad has his company picnic at Knott's in June or July. But, you'd have to pay your own way in the gate. Sorry, I'm like the most useless person when it comes to having a good time.

http://216.40.201.38/kao/otn/pchocolate.gif

If there isn't choclate in Heaven, I AIN'T GOING!

05-28-2002, 02:09 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

You know I am just curous are you guys going to have some kind of lab top hook up to the internet while on this trip? Since some of us won't be with you because we eather live here in the eastern US or Europe. You could let us know how everything is going with the trip. That would be cool so you guy's keep in contact with us unfortunate members who can't meet. But I hope in the future you will be abel to come here out east and do the same with Europe too. Maybe next year.

I would drive all the way out to Califoinia since I have my own car but I don't think I would want to at the moment. I rather fly out to California because it would be much faster then driveing. Unfortunatly it probbally won't happen but I might do it in the future. I hope you guy's come east someday. Well I want to wish you a splendid trip and enjoy your selves. From a fellow Oddworld fan: Paramiteabe

05-28-2002, 03:01 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

Capri: Sorry to hear we won't be able to catch up, but these things do happen. Unless maybe the picnic you refer to happened to coincide with the dates we are in the area.

paramiteabe: We are hoping to have a couple of laptops with us on the trip, I think Justin has one of his own, and where I work has kindly allowed me to borrow one of theirs, providing it doesn't need to be used for other reasons. So whenever possible, we'll be sure to check in and let people know how things are going, and perhaps post some photos.

It's a shame we couldn't meet up with you paramiteabe... you sound really enthusiastic about meeting (especially if you even considered flying or driving), so I hope we can catch up on a future tour. And thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes.

Abe Babe...

05-28-2002, 03:23 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

If you do something in europe... say it to me...
and, oh yeah, good luck!