03-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
Hmm...why not? (Sl'askia's art)

A lot of my art these days are Star Wars fan art, so here are some of my better ones.

-Varcanna-

One of my female Trandoshan characters. Usually called just 'Varca' for short. She can be a real bitch when pissed off...

-Naosha in the Council of Elders-

Another female Trandoshan character of mine, Naosha is Varcanna's mother. She 'was' part of the ruling Council on their homeplanet...but she had a rather unpopular view on a couple things and was thrown off.

-Asri dancing-

Asri, yet another female Trandoshan character of mine (see the trend? :P). Yes she is a dancer...but she is also a Teras Kasi master...and an outcast to Trandoshan society.

-Asri and Slash-

Asri again, this time with her pet Tusk Cat Slash. This shows the 'meaner' side of her.

-Desert Gazing-

Believe it or not...this is Asri yet again, about 20 years down the road. Why the heck she is silver now you ask? I'll just say...'terrible experiment gone really wrong'.

I have more, but need to scan them in and up load them...

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

Last edited by Sl'askia; 03-18-2004 at 12:51 PM..
03-19-2004, 02:50 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

*elbows Rach* We'll get that fic surrounding the last picture sorted one of these days.

03-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Yeppers more stuff...new stuff whee.

-Dark Jedi Trazu-

One of my male Trandoshan characters, Trazu, posing as his bad arse Dark Jedi self.
Ok, he wasn't a 'jedi' anything when he first came into being, this is just what he is 'now' (rather...very soon) in on a Star Wars RP board I've joined. Anyway...he's a runt: only 4' 10". Just don't call him that to his face k?

-Trust me?-

Now, I am a trustworthy individual, but for some strange reason my characters don't agree...

-Asri as a Kiravai-

Yep, Asri yet again. Just how the heck did Asri turn into one of Abby's critters? You'll just have to wait and read the fic (provided we get to the point were we can post it...)

-Earrings-

Was earring design happy one day (those are Kiravai ears BTW). I may just try to actually make some like that...

03-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

*throws hands into air* Thank god your back.
03-21-2004, 11:04 AM
VaniLLaKiLLah
Howler Punk

: Jun 2003
: Solingen, Germany
: 323
VaniLLaKiLLah  (10)

uh... yeah welcome back Sl'askia.
you have some great jobs done
keep it comin'

BTW: I have your character Kila posted in one of my threads...
(check out: http://oddworldforums.net/showpost.p...1&postcount=19)

.:VaniLLaKiLLah:.

03-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Vanillia, you sound almost...nervous...to see me back. *tilts her head to one side* Why is that?

You have a nice style and good anatomy.

Kila is a very old character of mine BTW, one I stopped using long before I changed my name to Sl'askia. I don't remember you being around back then...unless you are using a different username now.

Sorry about the semi-aggressive tone here, but the tone in your post threw me as a bit strange.

Kila: I am not FAT!

*stuffs her into a bag* It's called artistic license...and who said you can come in here?

Kila: *grumbles bad naturedly*

03-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

-Dragon-

Been awhile since I did a dragon (being drawing too many Trandoshans lol!), but this came out mostly alright *is not completely happy with the feet...*

Edit:

been in a ship designing mode...

-Bloodfang-

It's an Advanced Trandoshan Destroyer, the Captain of which is one of my RP characters on a RP board. I only went an designed it because there is nothing on Trandoshan ships out there...

Last edited by Sl'askia; 03-29-2004 at 04:49 PM..
05-09-2004, 06:49 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Nov 2001
: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)
Oddworld

Your skills are unique. I love your style, and the way you veiw these creations of yours. Keep it up...

05-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Mudokon101 is still around? *gasp*
05-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

Welcome back Sl'askia! you may not remember me but who cares?

nice,nice,nice
How much do they cost?

05-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Well, right now I don't have the equipment...or the confidence that I am 'good' enough to start selling my art yet. I won't be surprised if I get purchase offers with my latest however...which is almost complete...

Edit: It's done!

Nature Walker

Last edited by Sl'askia; 05-11-2004 at 01:44 PM..
05-11-2004, 07:24 PM
VaniLLaKiLLah
Howler Punk

: Jun 2003
: Solingen, Germany
: 323
VaniLLaKiLLah  (10)

nice!
i wish i had your colour skills.
why not enter the non oddworld art contest?

.:VaniLLaKiLLah:.

05-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

VaniLLaKiLLah, I think you have very good colour skills. I've seen your pictures.

Yo, Rachel. Your art skills became better. You seem to spend more time for a picture now. Of course, you can sell your pictures. There are many people who like this style of drawing.
The latest picture "Nature Walker" looks really good. I like her facial expression. The tail of Nature Walker has good furry effects. You only need practice with shadings and shines of fur.
Well, keep drawing.

One day, you'll reach what you wanted to do: Selling your drawings.

Alector

05-12-2004, 01:53 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Just by looking at it, you probably wouldn't know how much time went into it, but after seeing the Nature Walker "in progress" drawings that Rach has been showing me over this past week, I now know truely how long it takes to draw great artwork like that. Although now I regret not being as encouraging as I could of been. . . Hmmm.
But still, it was very interesting to see that picture turn from a detailed pencil sketch, into a nice, fully coloured drawing.
Keep up the good work, Rach, you've been getting really great at artwork over these past few months. I especailly like the way you did the Fern-like tree in the foreground, and the shaman herself looks pretty cool with that expression and those markings.
Oh, and that bloodfang ship looks cool - It seems you've sussed out the old-style (of episodes 4-6) Star Wars spaceship design very well.
Anyway, I'm outta here. . . Got a career's advice interview to go to. :S
- DH

05-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

Alector  (58)

Ooh Rachel, I envy you. It seems that you have so much time to draw and post. Your style of drawing became better. I even can't post my newest art on these boards. I have to work for my graduation we have next week.
Everything is so stressful. After the exams, I will move to Worms (Worms is a City in Hessen, not only a game...ok?).
I do lots of sport that's because I almost became a thin person. Everything has changed in my world.

*sigh*
And you, you keep working on your pics, you keep talking to your friends in the internet. Try new things and keep working on details. It will become perfect, believe me.

Alector

05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

*bows* thankiee...here's more.

First is a quick little sketch I did at work (yeah I know...naughty me). The title is all that needs to be said...

-Depressed-

Next one is of one of the Mukata races, a Jincus (my creation), which I haven't drawn any of in a long time *blames Star Wars* The scanner ate some of the background (not that there's much of one), but I plan to color this so...stay tuned.

-Mukata Jincus-

05-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

your people have a surprisingly similarity to a mix of dogs and zebras and dinosaurs etc. etc. etc...

05-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Well the Mukata are decsendents of dinosaurs.

The Ru'Tyra (the 'zebra' *snarl*) is a dragon type, tiger dragon to be exact. I don't do canines often (very rare in fact)...I do more feline and reptilian.

05-20-2004, 12:57 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Hmm. Coulda sworn I had already replied to this thread. Oh well.
Awesome drawings, Sl'askia... Sl'askia? How'd you come up with that one? Anyway. Cool art... an' stuff. Mmmmyep.

EDIT: Whoa! All righty! I am now officially a flake! Heh heh. I've been one all my life, but I never before had someone actually spell it out so everyone else could see. Check it, j0!

05-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Hehe, zebra...

05-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Ok, lets see how many of you recognize this critter. *grins*

-Guess what I am!-

05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

Alector  (58)

Hmmmm....
Because of my very short free time, I almost forgot all of your characters...but not all.
Well, I'm looking at this sketch.... *thinks*

Is it Spider? *hides*

I just guessed, please don't bite my head off.

05-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

nah...Spider has spines remember? What species is that though?

Oh and...just a quick one. I just made this to use to use as 'back' links on my site (which I am revamping).

Isn't it cute?

I have an orange version as well, you can see it on this (unfinished) page: http://www11.brinkster.com/slaskia/Tester/Starwarsf.html

05-29-2004, 02:53 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Nice page. But then I'm always a fan of starry space themes. . . And the lil' dragon's cute, too.
- DH

05-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Just wondering if you, Rach, would mind if i mentioned Malice in one of my stories? Or maybe used him? Moreso the former, so i can sort of link my fics back to the RPG where Cyrus made his first appearance.

I had to shift alot of things around when everybody tired of the RPG - and because none of the characters technically existed anymore i had to bring the Sarraphin into a more prominant role. Meaning they changed the entirity of time itself to manipulate Tobias...bless him.

Also, would you mind drawing Obitus by any chance? Since your quite good at drawing Dragons and Obitus is [kind of] the Dracconinc God of Death in your Gods realm...

EDIT: That also goes for anybody else [moreso from the original RPG] who wouldn't mind me kind of using their characters in a storyline of fics that will be happening in around...hmm...2-3 years time.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Jacob; 05-30-2004 at 12:16 PM..
06-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Just as I was in the RPG...

Doesn't really include me, I don't think, since your characters and mine didn't really interact at all, but I'd prefer you didn't use mine (unless it was more than a passing mention) - that is to say, if you're desperate, well, okay, maybe it could be workable, but all my MAIN characters have been absorbed into my other fiction so it'd probably get confusing. Not that any are THAT exciting in the first place, mind. :P

Now look what you made me do, invade Rach's topic for non-Rach things... :P

06-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I don't really remember many of your characters, so i doubt i would use them.

But i could always use the whole "Different Dimension" thing if needs be, lol.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Mar 2004
: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

Wow those are great! I love the Desert Gazing one..and your DRAGON! OMG! I just looove Dragons and you are so gooooood!
06-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)
Art Dump!

This, my friends, is an art dump.

Oh where to start...hmm...how 'bout a trip down memory lane. Let's see how many of you remember this character (not many I wager). No peeking at the file name!

-Guess Who-

Another bit from the past...only I think only Jacob now may recognize it.

-Skrakion Warror-

BTW, these things have been upgraded now...be afraid if I decide to rejoin OW RPG and throw these things in.

Here's another of the same species...only of a different caste. Not a finalized design BTW.

-Skrakion Queen-

Ok, enough memory lane stuff.

One of my Trandoshan characters, Silliss.

-Silliss-

Here's Trazu again, this time with a 'buddy' of his looming behind him. (It's called the K'Satizitus...and it's an evil spirit)

-Looming Darkness-

Just a random Ru'Tyra.

-River Joy-

Symbolism stuff. A Ru'Tyra cuddling the earth protectively in her paws, pleading you to protect it.

-Protect me-

This is your brain: fried. Any questions? :P

06-24-2004, 10:26 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

Is an art dump lots of links to piccies, then? Or is there more to it than that?

He he, I'd've known the 'guess who' character without looking at the file name. The Chinese whiskers are new, though... are you making her an evil character?

I like River Joy. Whee, happy Ru-Tyra go boing! And Nature Walker; that must've taken you smegging ages.