Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

08-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

: Sep 2008
: Italia
: 17
Fallen§Angel  (41)
Oddworld [PETITION-MUNCH'S ODDYSEE] Just add the Languages!

If you tired of this situation please join my steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/munchslanguageoddysee/
08-04-2011, 11:51 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

:
So, in december 2010 Munch's Oddysee finally come on PC via digital delivery thanks (?) to the developer Just Add The Water, but it's a really sheet!!! It's one of wrost conversion ever made, full of bug, but most important thing: IT'S CASTRED!! It have only english language... where are all languages avaible in the orginal version??
If you hate it so much, why are you so desperate for it to be released in other languages than English? Go find an X-Box and play the original. Nobody is forcing you to play the PC port (which incidentally works for most people it seems).

In the mean time JAW are working on HD versions of both Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath, I'm sure they'll add better language support for those. Nice to show your (non-existent) appreciation for what they're doing.

EDIT: BTW, neg rep for you. I'm sick to death of seeing all these whiny people - Sure the conversions aren't perfect but at least JAW bent over backwards to communicate with their customers and fix them as best they could despite people like you whining like hell at them. Not many games companies offer that much support. And if it wasn't for JAW, there wouldn't be any ports at all and you'd be stuck trying to find an original X-Box if you wanted to play these games - People seem to forget that.

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 08-05-2011 at 12:03 AM..
08-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)
Question

:
If you hate it so much, why are you so desperate for it to be released in other languages than English? Go find an X-Box and play the original. Nobody is forcing you to play the PC port (which incidentally works for most people it seems).

In the mean time JAW are working on HD versions of both Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath, I'm sure they'll add better language support for those. Nice to show your (non-existent) appreciation for what they're doing.

EDIT: BTW, neg rep for you. I'm sick to death of seeing all these whiny people - Sure the conversions aren't perfect but at least JAW bent over backwards to communicate with their customers and fix them as best they could despite people like you whining like hell at them. Not many games companies offer that much support. And if it wasn't for JAW, there wouldn't be any ports at all and you'd be stuck trying to find an original X-Box if you wanted to play these games - People seem to forget that.
ohh the moralizing -_-

1) the game is full of bug, but where i said that i hate it? I saw that it's a sh**t conversion, but i can bypass some of it with stratagems... also if you read under, i've wrote that actually most of bug are solved, then remain the abscence on multilanguage support only

2) i BOUGHT (spending moneys!) the game at launch, i I did not know all the problem of the conversion and the multi language support abscence... don't think?

3) developer promise that would have added languages very soon, now are passed 9 months

4) I already have MO for xbox, but the console is old and i've placed it into the closet for do space to new consoles... anyway i think that this aren't your business

5) thanks for negative reputation, you assign it to every person that doens't have your same ideas? wow... I don't agree with your ideas, but i don't react like a 3 years old baby....

6) don't like the petition? Then go in another topic, or if you really want to say your opinion, do it without attack or saying thing without sense (buy xbox version? Nobody is forcing you to play the PC port? -_- )

EDIT:
7) you treat JAW like the god when it's simple his duty to adjust their games bug (especially when they are released with a lot of problem) and support costumer's requests.

Last edited by Fallen§Angel; 08-05-2011 at 12:39 AM..
08-05-2011, 12:40 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

:
ohh the moralizing -_-

1) the game is full of bug, but where i said that i hate it? I saw that it's a sh**t conversion, but i can bypass some of it with stratagems... also if you read under, i've wrote that actually most of bug are solved, then remain the abscence on multilanguage support only

2) i BOUGHT (spending moneys!) the game at launch, i I did not know all the problem of the conversion and the multi language support abscence... don't think?

3) developer promise that would have added languages very soon, now are passed 9 months

4) I already have MO for xbox, but the console is old and i've placed it into the closet for do space to new consoles... anyway i think that this aren't your business

5) thanks for negative reputation, you assign it to every person that doens't have your same ideas? wow... I don't agree with your ideas, but i don't react like a 3 years old baby....

6) don't like the petition? Then go in another topic, or if you really want to say your opinion, do it without attack or saying thing without sense (buy xbox version? Nobody is forcing you to play the PC port? -_- )
Eh, I'm not sure I can be bothered to respond.

Oh alright then. I'm probably wasting my time though.

1) That's your general vibe, also if you acknowledge that the bugs are fixed now 'cept for the language problem, why does that paragraph on your community page still say what it says?

2) So did I - I can't say anything for Munch but SW was full of bugs. However, they fixed them and now it works perfectly. According to most comments, MO works perfectly too now. So where's the problem? Also it says pretty clearly on the steam site: "Languages: English". It doesn't say anything about other languages being implemented yet. It's not JAW's fault if you can't read the specifications.

3) If you actually looked at JAW's constant stream of updates then you'd know that they're busy working hard on making the HD versions of both MO and SW. What's the point of them adding extra support to a game that they're about to update entirely? And they're doing this at no extra cost if you already own the ports.

4) As I said, your commentary on your steam community page implies that you hate the PC port. So if you readily have access to the original version and don't like the PC port, why are you complaining about it?

5) Your argument fails since you haven't properly taken on-board what my previous post said, and I can't be bothered to structure a response to this.

6) Likewise with this. Maybe I was overly harsh, but I've seen far too many people whine over the PC ports which are being updated as we speak. Your attitude is one that I hate so much - It looks like you really do have no appreciation for what JAW are doing.

EDIT:
7) They have done that. I've watched them communicate with their customer base and bend over backwards to get their ports working. PCs have many components and vary greatly - Some reasons for their ports not working are beyond their control. Sure, they should have tested their ports more thoroughly before releasing them, but since they're new to writing PC games, I think they're allowed a couple of mistakes.

As I keep telling you, they're working on HD versions of MO and SW, which you'll get as a FREE upgrade to your existing PC ports, and they are sure to add better language support for them. And I feel like a stuck record: What's the point of them adding extra features for the PC ports that they're in the process of updating anyway?

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 08-05-2011 at 12:54 AM..
08-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

:
1) That's your general vibe, also if you acknowledge that the bugs are fixed now 'cept for the language problem, why does that paragraph on your community page still say what it says?
On steam post is written
"Most of initial bug are solved"

Why you continue to say what you sayng?

About point 2): JAW on December has said that other language will have added soon... What's signification attribute their to "soon" ??

About point 3): have you idea of how much is the support of the other software house for their games? It seems that you know only JAW like developer..and yes, it seems that you don't know what we tolkin' about

Munch Oddysee support: 2 updates, last on 21 Jen
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?...s&appids=15740

Super Meat boy: 16 updates, last on 19 july
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?...s&appids=40800

And i repeat what i said in my previus post: you treat JAW like the god when it's simple his duty to adjust their games bug (especially when they are released with a lot of problem) and support costumer's requests.

About point 4) I DON'T WANT PLAY XBOX VERSION, and not are your business the reason about that! I prefered to pay for have the PC versione and play the game on it, without resurrect my xbox, because is an old console with a low resolution and on the actual TV in HD the graphic rendering is unwatchable. Where is the problem if i've wanted to buy PC version?

About point 5) my argument don't fails 'couse you saing a wrong thing such already i've explained...

Last edited by Fallen§Angel; 08-05-2011 at 01:09 AM..
08-05-2011, 01:12 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

You don't understand my points - Any effort to further put my points across would be wasted IMO. That's all I have to say.

08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jul 2010
: Wrigglin in Elum's extremities
: 527
MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)

Dark, I'm gonna side with you on this.
As for you, Mr. Angel,

Last edited by MeechCrunchies; 08-05-2011 at 01:24 AM..
08-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

I understand your point, but i think that it's ridicolous

Your point is that JAW is a sort of god that are working really really hard for rent a free service to their costumers

But you don't consider that it's the NORMAL job of the software house since videogames was born. Apply patch and minor updates to a game ISN'T a gift that SH do to their costumers, it's a normal procedure.
I not asking new levels, new graphic, new sound, i simple asking what the game would have implemented since from the beginning, 'couse is material that is yet ready and don't require a colossal job....

But you continue to consider JAW like a benefactor, for me it isn't....
08-05-2011, 01:34 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . . . . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . . . .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . . . . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

Okay, I'm done here.

08-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

me too
08-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

http://www.oddworld.com/?page_id=520
:
The FIGS versions of Munch’s Oddysee and Stranger’s Wrath will be made available in time, although we can’t yet comment on a likely release window. Unfortunately, no Italian or Spanish audio was ever recorded for Stranger’s Wrath, so these these be text translations only.
It'll probably be included in the HD update. In the meantime, go take your petition somewhere else.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

08-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Alf
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Alf's Rehab & Tea
: 109
Alf  (86)

Take a chill pill, people. Just Add Water didn't even port Munch to PC, they only took over its development a couple of weeks before it released. The HD remakes require much more fundamental changes than languages, there's simply no point putting them in BEFORE the HD versions come out, or we'll have to plug it all in again. Just stay tuned!

"Follow me" on Twitter or be my Facebook buddy!

08-05-2011, 02:35 AM
moxco
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

Aww, we love you Alf. Don't let people like Fallen Angel scare you away, okay.
08-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

Insead of making this stupid Petition? why didn't you just ask Alf or Oddworld Inhabitants -_-

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

08-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)
Drunk

:
Insead of making this stupid Petition? why didn't you just ask Alf or Oddworld Inhabitants -_-
why you consider "stupd" this petition?
08-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

:
why you consider "stupd" this petition?
because
:
The HD remakes require much more fundamental changes than languages, there's simply no point putting them in BEFORE the HD versions come out, or we'll have to plug it all in again.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

08-05-2011, 04:42 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

He spelt stupid wrong. Another member who Cun't Spill.

08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

:
and i dont't think that it's the only my grammatical error of the topic
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
moxco
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

:
Considering he is from Italy, I would cut him a bit of slack.
08-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

:
Considering he is from Italy, I would cut him a bit of slack.
anyway the italian version of "stupid" word is "stupido", then the difference is very few. Then my error was caused from a typing error
08-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

My bad.

08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
BroVen
Zappfly

: Jul 2011
: In a cornfield, on a computer.
: 13
BroVen  (6)

:
ohh the moralizing -_-

EDIT:
7) you treat JAW like the god when it's simple his duty to adjust their games bug (especially when they are released with a lot of problem) and support costumer's requests.
So to summarize, pretty much you're saying that you think that the game is "sheet" because it has many bugs that you solved except the language and are now whining about your laziness of getting your old Xbox out of the closet. Is this one of those trolls you guys told me about?
08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

08-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Oooh, seven members.

08-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

:
So to summarize, pretty much you're saying that you think that the game is "sheet" because it has many bugs that you solved except the language and are now whining about your laziness of getting your old Xbox out of the closet. Is this one of those trolls you guys told me about?
So to summarize you don't understand nothing, and are not your business if im laziness and don't want to resurrect my xbox! I've paid for play it on pc and this aren't you business if i've money to spent
08-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Fallen§Angel
Zappfly

Fallen§Angel  (41)

:
WTF? there are 7 members and the number can me heightest is only had the time to spam it on more sites...
I0ve only linked it there and at my steam friends