: 10.

04-07-2002, 11:59 PM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: Apr 2001
: 182
oddguy 999  (10)
"Should I get a Xbox and MO?"

Alright... For a long time now Ive been stressing about one crusal question...
..."Should I get a Xbox and MO?".

Now this all boils down to one other incredably important question...
..."How good is MO?" (By this I mean the hole game because I have played a portion of it already).

As I mentioned Ive been thinking about this for a long time and Ive been both for and against it (sometimes 3-4 times in one day).

I could:
not buy a Xbox
buy a Xbox sometime latter- (for ME?)
buy a Xbox now and not get MO
buy a Xbox now and not get MO- for now (I'll reconsider for ME)
buy a Xbox now for MO- (if its good get ME)

I have tried to weigh up the arguments but have come out more or less even. So I would like to know your opinion...
Here are the basic arguments for and against:

For XBOX:
.Most powerful gaming system there is
.Plans for it to expand and become even beter (online, etc.)
.May corrner the maket anyway
.Many game types (racing, stratergy, ect)
.You get a quolity system for you money
.It will give me something to do when Im bored
.I will have something to talk about with my friends

Against XBOX:
.A more powerful system maybe just around the corner
.Garenties for future plans?
.Microsoft may crash and burn
.Fewwest games available (at the moment)
.Its expensive (I NEED money)
.It will distract me from school work, house work, playing with the dog, getting a job, etc.
.I may obsess about it and bore my friends

For MO:
.I want the quintology because I liked the first 2 games
.It sounds intresting
.Abe and other old charictors in 3D
.It will give me something to do when Im bored
.I will have something to talk about with my friends
.People say good things about it

Against MO:
.I should not bass a quintology on the first 2 games alone
.It could have been beter
.Abe and other old charictors are missing some essence from before
.It will distract me from school work, house work, playing with the dog, getting a job, etc.
.I may obsess about it and bore my friends
.People also say bad things about it

HELP ME!!!

Last edited by oddguy 999; 04-07-2002 at 04:08 PM..
04-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Well, currently X-Box is a good idea... MO may not be a good idea for a firt game, it gets boring nad such. Like SH2 or JSRF and cool, Max Payne, MGS2, theres alot better games out for your money in the beginning... Like you said, the different generes you can get, I mean skip MO until you have your money and you want something to blow it off on. It won't be intertaining for long, just wait for ME maybe...
04-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Get a X-box and either get Halo or wait around until GTA3 comes out for it or MGSX (Metal Gear Solid X). I am thinking of getting MO for my X-box when i first get mine, but im going to get it...play it...complete it...take it back and get a new game...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Just do that, keep the receit and if your not satisfied with a game you have, take it back.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

04-08-2002, 12:52 AM
The Shrink
Thudslug

: Australia
: 162
The Shrink  (10)

Man, don't waste your time (and hard earned cash) for MO! It's totally worthless and sucky and I'm just glad I can hire Rallisport Challenge and I am waiting for Nightcaster to come out. There is no hurry. Wait and see if the games on the Gamecube are better in your tastes 'cause I've heard of some good developers who've signed up exclusively for the Gamecube (like capcom for instance). But hey, Nintendo does suck and Xbox is more powerful, but wait a bit. Trust me, don't jump in just for MO as awesome as it seems. SO will be huge I reckon.

04-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I'd get the X-box cos it promises some good games for it. Also, the newest console will be out in 3 years time which is quite far away. It'll be the PS3 which will be 10 X more powerfuller than the PS2 and 7 X more powerfuller than the X-box. Then the X-box 2 will be coming out around a couple of mths after that. All this, just so people can get their " Ya-Ya's " from winning a virtual fight/war/race.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

04-08-2002, 09:42 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by The Shrink
Man, don't waste your time (and hard earned cash) for MO! It's totally worthless and sucky and I'm just glad I can hire Rallisport Challenge and I am waiting for Nightcaster to come out. There is no hurry. Wait and see if the games on the Gamecube are better in your tastes 'cause I've heard of some good developers who've signed up exclusively for the Gamecube (like capcom for instance). But hey, Nintendo does suck and Xbox is more powerful, but wait a bit. Trust me, don't jump in just for MO as awesome as it seems. SO will be huge I reckon.
You are calling MO bad and your waiting for Nightcaster! MO is much better then Nightcaster, which has gotten really crappy reviews. Don't lose faith, "ME and beyond!", thats what I always say.
04-08-2002, 09:52 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

Exclamation BUY XBOX!!

I had this same thing in my head when buying an XBOX. I am a big fan of oddworld, so I just said to myself, "If I want to play the next three games for oddworld I will need an XBOX." After that I thought of the game of the year, Halo. Then I bought XBOX and MO was my first game, I loved it.
04-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

It all depends on what games you prefer.

If you prefer cute games, buy the GameCube.
If you prefer having a hugely expansive range of titles (ranging from bad to exellent), buy the PS2.
If you prefer games orientated towards a more mature audience, buy the Xbox.

Munch's Oddysee got 7/10 in Edge which is 'distinguished' (Halo got 10, JSRF got 8, DoA3 got 7).

I have Halo and DoA3 and I'm planning on buying: JSRF, MO, PGR then Amped (in that order).

I advise you look at all the games on all the platforms and then decide which platform has more games that you want.

For example, I chose the Xbox because of Halo, PGR, MO (and the rest), JSRF, GTA3, Project Ego.
04-09-2002, 02:33 AM
Naxos
Thudslug

: May 2001
: Australia
: 196
Naxos  (10)
I say don't buy an X-Box at all.
There is no way that Munch will never be on PC.
Oddworld Inhabitants would lose alot of money if they didn't make a PC version of MO.

So just wait for the PC version of MO to be released and avoid wasting a large amount of cash on a console where the majority of the games will be on PC eventually.
04-09-2002, 06:21 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I agree with Naxos to a certain extent. I think Halo has the 'X-Box exclusive' mark and yet it is coming out for PC.

04-09-2002, 05:06 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

:
Originally posted by Naxos
I say don't buy an X-Box at all.
There is no way that Munch will never be on PC.
Oddworld Inhabitants would lose alot of money if they didn't make a PC version of MO.

So just wait for the PC version of MO to be released and avoid wasting a large amount of cash on a console where the majority of the games will be on PC eventually.
Once again... NO!! Munch will never see the light of day on PC. Countless interviews explain that the next four Oddworld games are only going to appear on XBOX... PERIOD!! BTW, Micro$oft has got the money thing covered with Oddworld Inhabitants.