Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)
I'm missing the old days in the Oddworld Forums

Hi,

I'm going to visit the OWF's every day to look for funny topics I could post in. And I'm still looking for old members who left the forums without saying a word.

I'm missing the old days here, when the old forum members were together, when funny posts existed. I miss the days after TheBlueScrab and I registered here (except for our freaky, nonsense and annoying posts in the old days...*coughs*).

It was the time when the forum was filled with interesting posts. I even miss freakyLA; She posted about five threads a day. Why did so many old forum members left? The most left because the forums became boring and a ton of newbies arrived. The most aren't posting anything. Unfortunately, old friends rarely come here, but they aren't posting.

I'm not against newbies, but if you are a member of these forums, you simply gonna miss old forum members. It doesn't matter if they were flaming about you, spamming sometimes or so. --It's like you're out of school; paradoxically, you forgot the lovely teachers and the old horrible teachers who are observing strict rules are always in your subconsciousness--

I'm a bit saddened about it, though.

What do you think about it?

06-22-2002, 08:16 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

*Takes a break from his letter*
Hmmm. Well, I made lots of friends here. Most of which are on MSN, and most of the time we have something interesting to talk about. Sure, the forums have got duller over this past year or so, but there still is somethign interesting going on here and there.
- DH
*Gets back to letter*

06-23-2002, 12:08 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Sad

You know you are right. I do miss some members here like Al the Vykker or Mitsur and a couple others. They were my buddies here in the forums and we shared a lot of ideas. In the last month or so it seemed as if they never came back. I wish they would come back so it would be a little more fun again. Oh well I am sure I will see them again I hope.

I may not have been one of the first members here to join the forums believe me I wish I was. But I am growing into my age here. I think I would fall into the second generation to join these forums. I don't know but its seems to me that I am becoming an elder here in my time I have been here. But there is one thing I do know and that is that I will be here forever as long as this place exist. Because I am staying odd!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 06-22-2002 at 04:25 PM..
06-23-2002, 12:39 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Um, I don't know what the "old days" were like, I am one of those semi-new guys. But there has been many useless General Oddworld Discussion threads lately, though...

06-23-2002, 03:58 AM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)
Happy

Ah, yes. Back in the day, when the forums were in their hay-day. Those were some good times. We could kick back, start good discussions, and sip at our coffee. Back when I typed shorthand and acted like the stereotypical newbie. Good times...

06-23-2002, 04:17 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I honestly miss Oddworld Master...he was great.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

06-23-2002, 06:52 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Yes, Many an old member have left. I haven't been here that long, but it seems to me that theres just the older group who leads and the others that either follow and contribute or contribute and manage to sound like morons. My opinion though, the newer audience and these times seem to have more light-hearted, fun and not so kinda darkish and rather boring. I know I sound stupid now, but anyways we got some cool new people actualy. It just seems like the forums are a new generation with the older people usualy once again leading, and the others learning and following to someday try and sound cool and stuff. Yipee....

By the way Dave, OM was a girl. Sadly I think after the "I need help" topic or something she got the impression we didn't care about her and got all depressed or something. Look at her last posts and profile and stuff... Very sad how contributers and cool people leave for crazy reasons...
06-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

ah, I'm sorry- It wasn't oddworld Master...it was 'the magog on the march'....yeah, that's it. He likes sam and max, and had a great sense of humor. cool guy.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

06-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

[In an old croaky Voice]
In my days the Oddworld Forums were fun. We talked about the game and nothing else because there was No Off-Topic forum. And when we wanted to talk about something Off-Topic, we had to put OT in the title
[/In a old croaky Voice]

Well I guess that goes with anything. People leave. Being an OLD member of EZboard, I have seen many before me go. But I have also seen many new members become respected ones. The hardest thing about becoming a New Member at a Forum like this is fitting in. Because everyone knows of each other and having someone new butt in is like having a new kid in the family. So don't forget the past, remember it, but just don't live in it.

06-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Sal the Mudokon
Howler Punk

: My computer
: 344
Sal the Mudokon  (10)

Sure, the old days on the forums were good, but that was because we were ALL newbies. None of us knew what the **** we were doing and that was the best part. I remember sitting around, half unconsious on overdosed caffinated beverages, and bitching out Joe the Intern on why we can't find anyone else as retarded as us. But when we discovered this beautiful place (well, actually the EZboard Forums) we rejoiced in our insanity! That was back when there were infinite possiblities for Munch and even more questions on everything else! Twas a fine time, but now we pretty much feel like there's no new info, no unseen places, no unasked questions. In a way, we've all become a bunch of annoying old no-it-all geezers, sitting on our portch steps in a rocking chair, screaming at "younings" and "newbies" about there lack of knowledge about ANYTHING. The thing is, they are probably having more fun than us because its all new to them. They are learning all of this for the first time, the only difference between our digital adolesence and theirs is that we governed ourselves, whereas they are pretty much governed by us... medaphorically speaking, of course. Hell, I may just quit here at the forums too! Just to return someday, under a new name, with few people knowing my original existance, and be a newbie all over again. A sort of digital reincarnation, if you will.

-George Clinton/Ghandi

06-23-2002, 06:12 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

To be honest, I don't really think about the forums that much, except when I'm here. I haven't really thought about who I miss. I'll have a go at listing the people I miss, but if I forget anyone, it's because I haven't really thought about it before.

Chris (Pacen) - a very nice guy whom many people have missed.

Mainard_Glukkon - I can't remember her real name, as she left a long time ago, but I did get on very well with her, and even began collaborating on her fic until she disappeared. Catherine, I think she was called.

I can't actually think of anyone else. There are a few people who don't post much any more, but they're still more or less here...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

06-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I can't really say I miss the 'old days', though I think it's safe to say I'm one of the longest-standing Oddworld-Internet fans that still posts anything at all. The only person I can think of who could possibly have been on the GTI Forums before me is Niteowl, who doesn't post often.

I can still remember my very first post, asking what a Greeter was. Tee hee, I haven't always been an Oddworld Encyclopedia, but I've had a long time to earn my title.

If there's one complaint I have to make about the Forums now it's that half the regular members are called something other than their username. More and more I find myself having to look at a table to find who someone is talking to.

06-23-2002, 07:42 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Nothing like the good old days on EZ board you know. I am sure that fun will come back again we are just tired of MO that we want new and more stuff. Infact I am getting more excited for the new games because we don't even know much about them. I am turning my focus onto them now. And leaving MO a thing of the past. No more MO for me onto the new games. You know I have this feeling that when we do get new things those people will return.

06-23-2002, 11:44 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Max the Mug
If there's one complaint I have to make about the Forums now it's that half the regular members are called something other than their username. More and more I find myself having to look at a table to find who someone is talking to.
Blame Danny for making that fashionable.

Anyway, maybe we'd all enjoy the forums more if we stopped bitching and moaning about "old times". Just a thought.

06-23-2002, 11:48 PM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
WE ARE NEWCOMER...BUT..

I think that we(=my son and me ) belong to a newcomer's category in this forum.
BUT...
We are proud of the distinguished services of the old members supporting this forum.
(Why does this forum continue this long?
We know well about the reason....It is an old member's favor.)
Surely, also in us, a trivial posts( mailboxs) and petty threads may exist in this forum.

However, please do not blame it.
Because, we like this great forum. In addition, we like " ODD".

We like this forum in which the member who greets us warmly is always.

Please support us (=the newcomers),
if you please from now on.
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

06-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

atusiya@, I don't think you have anything to worry about being a new member. Everyone at the forums is honoured to have you here; all your posts are charming.

06-24-2002, 12:09 AM
atusiya@

atusiya@  (28)
Oddworld

:
Originally posted by Sydney
atusiya@, I don't think you have anything to worry about being a new member. Everyone at the forums is honoured to have you here; all your posts are charming.
This forum is the greatest!! .
thanks!!!
Odd odd oddworld

06-24-2002, 01:07 AM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)

It seems like so many of you "old" members think that this forum was better a long time ago. Although it is sad to see long-time members leave, there are always new ones coming in who are just as good if not better. I really hope I'm one of them because I really enjoy reading these forums. I don't see why so many of you have to stop liking these forums because people have left them. Focus instead on the new people, who will eventually become "old" memebers too, and those who have stayed like Sydney, Max and Xavier (to name a few) who still regularly contribute.

And don't blame the current slow state of the forums on the members, its just that (other than Alf's map, thanks Alf!) we don't have any new information to discuss. Believe me, these forums will "come alive" again as we near the release of Munch's Exoddus.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

06-24-2002, 12:14 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Well said TheKhanzumer. Thats what I have been trying to say a lot here. This place will be like it was before when we do get closer to new games. And think how this place will be when this so called Oddworld movie I keep hereing about from some members is in the works. I mean there is a very exciting future for Oddworld for what I have seen and herd about and now we are just waiting for the new. We are just bored with the old. And that is probabally why a lot of old members left. And atusiya@ your one of the good members here keep up the good work in being nice mann!

06-24-2002, 04:03 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Blame Danny for making that fashionable.
I'm a trend-setter...

06-24-2002, 05:08 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

I think I'm a veteran of the non-Ezboard forums now... I was member #77 out of... 1,099 members... And I've been here for over a year. I lurked at the EZboard for a little while, though. That sounds pretty sad, actually. My post count seems kind of low for a member who joined over a year ago...

I think the forums are... relatively good now. The time that I really didn't like was when MO had just came out, and a bunch of new members had come. I don't always mind new members, but there were SO MANY people that I didn't know from the forums that it wasn't very pleasant. After a while a lot of them left, and I know the ones that are still here...

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
By the way Dave, OM was a girl. Sadly I think after the "I need help" topic or something she got the impression we didn't care about her and got all depressed or something. Look at her last posts and profile and stuff... Very sad how contributers and cool people leave for crazy reasons...
She was always saying that she was going to leave and that every one hated her... :S

:
Originally posted by Max the mug
If there's one complaint I have to make about the Forums now it's that half the regular members are called something other than their username.
I actually like that more than calling people by their usernames a lot of the time... I'd rather call someone Dave than Disgruntled Intern or DI...

:
Originally posted by Paramiteabe
Nothing like the good old days on EZ board you know.
But you weren't on the Ezboard, were you...? :S

And, atusiya@, don't worry, you're a very respectable member.
06-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

:
I'd rather call someone Dave than Disgruntled Intern or DI...
Oh, of course. 'Gerald' is a much more respectale name than 'iloveabe3820hi#-hello'. It just makes usernames rather pointless and confusing.

:
I think I'm a veteran of the non-Ezboard forums now... I was member #77 out of... 1,099 members... My post count seems kind of low for a member who joined over a year ago...
Are you sure? It makes my post count seem frightfully small. Then again, none of us are safe in the shadows of Xavier and Danny.

06-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Max the Mug
Oh, of course. 'Gerald' is a much more respectale name than 'iloveabe3820hi#-hello'. It just makes usernames rather pointless and confusing.
My point exactly in deciding to ditch "Rettick" and stick to my real name...

Anyway, you've nothing to worry about, since you're Max either way...

...aren't you? (Dum Dum Dummm)

EDIT:
:
None of us are safe in the shadows of Xavier and Danny.
Jesus, I never even noticed the 3000-post mark, how can I be over 4000 already? AND I'm a Glockstar! I ought to pay more attention to these things...

Last edited by Danny; 06-24-2002 at 11:09 AM..
06-25-2002, 12:40 PM
atusiya@

atusiya@  (28)
Oddworld History!!

In the period which participated in this forum, (my son and me)
I have a favorite thread.
The thread is "Happy Birthday Oddworld Forums!" . We who are newcomers read this thread and were impressed.
All members build this history. (....Also an old members and newcomers)
There is WORDS which Xavier told to me. " I like the thing with the human and when you put the cursor on it. It transform in "Wanted Abe" ..."

I think that this is forum itself.

atusya@'s father
Odd odd oddworld

06-25-2002, 05:21 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I was on EZ Board. I joined back in November. I was probabally one of the last members to join EZ Board.

06-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
I was on EZ Board. I joined back in November. I was probabally one of the last members to join EZ Board.
Paramiteabe, this is the ezboard: http://pub10.ezboard.com/boddworldian

The EZboard was NOT the forum that came right before the one that we're on right now. You joined those forums in November. Look at the EZboard. It's a different board, not the board that you joined in November, right?

:
Originally posted by Max the mug
Are you sure? It makes my post count seem frightfully small. Then again, none of us are safe in the shadows of Xavier and Danny.
Not that my post count is small... but smaller than many that joined at my time... There are even some members who joined after me that have larger post counts, like Xavier, Paramiteabe and Tom (Gluk Schmuck).

Last edited by Melvin:squeeking paramite; 06-25-2002 at 10:19 AM..
06-25-2002, 05:27 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

There is a lot more to this forum than meets the eye...
06-26-2002, 08:44 AM
Naxos
Thudslug

: 196
Naxos  (10)

Yes the old days were better in my opinion.
06-27-2002, 12:11 AM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Yeah I Miss Oddbodd!

06-27-2002, 04:20 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Yes, where did ODDBODD go?

He was very funny to have around, and oddbodd.net hasn't been updated in ages...

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate