03-05-2006, 05:18 PM
SligStorm
Super Stingbee

: Jul 2005
: United Kingdom,Wales
: 462
SligStorm  (24)
Question Oddworld VS Earth

Who would be the stronger planetry race? Oddworld or earth.

Btw this was a question that just poped in my head :P

I would think it mite be oddworld you dont kno wot kind of powerful wepons thay posess? But then when it comes to intelegence im not so sure?

Last edited by SligStorm; 03-05-2006 at 05:21 PM..
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Nah, Earth would definatly win.

We have tanks, planes, jeeps, and countless other advantages to beat them.

U-S-A!U-S-A!U-S-A!

Wrex.

03-05-2006, 05:23 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

As dumb as this thread is, I'll play my part.

Earth, we may not have that flashy hover technology like Oddworld does, but I've never seen any mushroom clouds popping up on Oddworld as well. If the two world were to wage war, I believe earth would win, simply for it's military might that Oddworld lacks. I would also think the natives would withdrawl and watch form the sides, judging by the industrialists, they would seem more eager for that sort of thing. But also judging by their character, they would screw up the war with all of their continuous bickering and useless conflict amongst themselves.

03-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

It's really rather hard to determine. On the one side, we do seem to have the more powerful technology, but don't forget the psychic abilities of the Mudokons. Mind-control could turn any potentially battle to their favor.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

03-05-2006, 07:07 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
It's really rather hard to determine. On the one side, we do seem to have the more powerful technology, but don't forget the psychic abilities of the Mudokons. Mind-control could turn any potentially battle to their favor.
Yes, but consider the fact that our ambasadors would allie with the mudokons, because we wouldn't force them into labor like the Industry gluks do.

Remeber the saying 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'

Wrex.

03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

Nepharski  (10)

:
Yes, but consider the fact that our ambasadors would allie with the mudokons, because we wouldn't force them into labor like the Industry gluks do.

Remeber the saying 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'
That's true, but I thought the premise of the thread was a united Oddworld vs. a united Earth.

Supposing we could curry the favor of the Mudokons, I see no reason why we would fall to the Magog Cartel.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

03-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

I think the peak technology (in some part of Oddworld that we haven't yet seen) is so far beyond what we have or can imagine that (as Arthur C. Clarke says) it would look like magic to us. So, in other words, we would have our arses handed to us on a platter.

03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

I think in terms of technology, we would pwn them. But then again, on a spiritual level and on inteligence, they would win because we are just stupid as a species.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

All great and valid points. Now, my response. Not meant to disagree, of course, but maybe point out what may have been overlooked.
:
Earth, we may not have that flashy hover technology like Oddworld does, but I've never seen any mushroom clouds popping up on Oddworld as well. If the two world were to wage war, I believe earth would win, simply for it's military might that Oddworld lacks. I would also think the natives would withdrawl and watch form the sides, judging by the industrialists, they would seem more eager for that sort of thing. But also judging by their character, they would screw up the war with all of their continuous bickering and useless conflict amongst themselves.
We don't know if Oddworld has or has not developed nuclear weaponry. We also don't know the true might off Oddworld's military might, since we don't know much of Oddworld itself. The natives wouldn't withdraw if they were being threatened. I'm sure if they got it together, they'd be able to organize something. The industrialists consider sligs disposable, and so wouldn't they be even more dangerous? However, I can't deny that there would be bickering and conflict among the leaders on Oddworld.
:
Assuming that the mudokons felt the need to fight us, yes. They are peaceful, though ... so unless we attack them, they might not try and harm us. And, since they are essentially humanoid in form, I think that the human race would be unlikely to find them a threat. I've always believed that the human race is so vain that it would accept any race that is the same shape as itself, regardless of how violent.
Example: A human shaped race that is very violent. Assume we have a good start, and they get crazy. But to try and maintain diplomatic bonds, we would forgive them once or twice, and ultimately try and end on non violent terms.
Example 2: A completely not-human-looking race that is truly peaceful and willing to cooperate. We'd be less likely to accept them based on their physical build. And, at the slightest sign of hostility, imagined or otherwise, we'd unleash hell upon them.
Disagree?
:
Close to the point I made above. BUT! If we know the mudokons could perform such labor, we would be definately tempted to have them do it. We'd surely provide better conditions than the glukkons, but I believe that we'd essentailly use them for similar menial tasks.
:
I think the peak technology (in some part of Oddworld that we haven't yet seen) is so far beyond what we have or can imagine that (as Arthur C. Clarke says) it would look like magic to us. So, in other words, we would have our arses handed to us on a platter.
Indeed. But then, some of the technology we've already seen is way beyond our own. Teleporters, for instance, both voice controlled and switch activated. Floating fortreses. Mechanized pants that operate on brainwaves (or something). Flying harnesses with endless supplies of grenades. That crossbow/bounty bagger thing Stranger totes. Effective force fields. Laser guns. Chant-activated lock mechanisms. Lock mechanisms that react to the presence of employees. Electric barriers. Floating air mines. Butt-Flo.
Yeah, I'd say that if the Powers That Be on Oddworld wanted to, they could annihilate us. They're skilled with technology, and could undoubtedly come up with something that would rock us to pieces in warfare.

03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Biggy Bro Slig
Clakker Store Clerk

: Jun 2003
: Monsaic Lines
: 759
Biggy Bro Slig  (24)

We have Nukes, guns, bombs, missiles, Navy, Infantry, tanks, the Air Forces.
But how could we know we could beat them? They have Mudokons which posses, sligs with guns, fuzzles, boombats, bolamites, etc.

03-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

yet I've only seen one mud with a gift to posses... I'm not sure they can all do it.

Oh and we haven't seen anything truly offensive from the industrial yet, only some defence technology in the factories. Only a glimpse of that was shown with the slig tanks and slig air force

Honestly if the industrials attacs us we are doomed

if the native attacs us we are in danger

if they both attac us it's helpless

03-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

Nepharski  (10)

:
if they both attac us it's helpless
Then it would seem our only hope is to be assimilated now, while there's still time.

03-06-2006, 02:52 AM
SligStorm
Super Stingbee

: Jul 2005
: United Kingdom,Wales
: 462
SligStorm  (24)
Question

:
We don't know if Oddworld has or has not developed nuclear weaponry. We also don't know the true might off Oddworld's military might, since we don't know much of Oddworld itself. The natives wouldn't withdraw if they were being threatened. I'm sure if they got it together, they'd be able to organize something. The industrialists consider sligs disposable, and so wouldn't they be even more dangerous? However, I can't deny that there would be bickering and conflict among the leaders on Oddworld.
Yes but wot if the game Sligstorm came out ... would we kno then?

03-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Shrink
Formerly Esus

: Dec 2002
: x
: 286
Shrink  (10)

Oddworld is a cracked mirror reflection of Earth.
03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Paramite Mask
Thudslug

: Feb 2006
: Arroyo Grande, California
: 150
Paramite Mask  (10)

If Sligstorm came out, we would know that the industrialists have the skill to clone and genetically breed. If they somehow found out how to breed us, actually make us smart, and use them against us along with their vast armies big bro sligs, armored poppers, armored vykkers, ETC, we would be screwed. And the mudokons clearly possess much more spirituality than the majority of the human race.

03-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

: Jan 2006
: Hong Kong
: 396
Ninjaxe  (10)

I ll play with this scenerio

Oddworld will win if the industrial were involved. General Dripik must have earn his rankin through such kind of military

Vykers have hover technology and a special fabric softner that burns clothes. could throw orange explosive cans from SW to destroy all mobile units like tanks and warthogs

Sligs have bullets and ?lasers? slogs can be commanded by sligs. ATTACK dogs.

then you have you have big bros sligs. Take out three or four men no bother.

Plus Warlarks(not sure bout spelling) they have possesion of ball shape tanks that give you a nasty shock. And most annoyingly one of the warlarks carrys slegs which come as a endless supply. *Its magic*
03-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

I fail to see the connection between Sligstorm and cloning
:
Then it would seem our only hope is to be assimilated now, while there's still time.
Yeah, but how are you going to do that? It's not like you can marry Sam, shag her and produce halfing offspring. That would be slightly gross, I imagine.
:
Oddworld is a cracked mirror reflection of Earth.
Well done Polly. Have a cracker!

03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Goresplatter
Spark Stunk

: I'm in space.
: 388
Goresplatter  (102)Goresplatter  (102)

Hey peeps, I'd love to give my opinion on this. So I will. Muahahaha.
Well, theres arguments that humans are more clever than Oddworld species; but are we? Remember the Vykkers. They actually seem pretty clever to me, and pretty futuristic in their technology. They are more intelligent, but they use it in a different manner, for cruelty. And they don't care about their test subjects.
I think Oddworld would win for the following reasons;
- Sligs; Disposable and numerous. There are billions and billions of sligs imo, and they're pretty much infinite (Skillya must have her day full). They aren't great soldiers, but a gun is a gun.
- Biological Warfare; we don't know if they have nukes or not, but they could best the best air raids on earth by a long shot; imagine a bomb full of angry fuzzles landing in a civilian precinct. We'd run out of soldiers.
- Relentlessness; Glukkons like money. Think of how much money they'd get for enslaving the human race, and all it's resources. Now think of how eager the Glukkons would be to get their hands on that Moolah.
- Defence; If they really wanted to, I think the inhabitants of Oddworld could make a pretty solid defence. They could have electric fields in a massive radius, and I don't think an anti-air defence is beyond them (suicide flying sligs? hehe). Also, whatever they use to make rupture farms is pretty tough, it withstands explosions from grenades and there ain't a mark. Prolly due to game itself though.
- Which side do the mudokons choose? I don't think it would matter to be honest. There's only a certain amount a bunch of cavemen could do in a planetary war. Other than target practice. Though, if the mudokons didn't have the choice to move at all (doubt the glukkons would simply let humans stroll onto the land and steal their slaves) the army could be supplied with weapons and supplies at massive efficiency.

Well there's my £1.95 - go buy yourself an ice-cream!

03-06-2006, 12:14 PM
metroixer
Outlaw Sniper

: Sep 2005
: Florida
: 1,512
metroixer  (-71)

Hmm... The way I see it.

A whole army of big bro's (Which are like moving tanks) + Our army + Flying sligs bombing us by surprise + Mud's using they're powers to do....Phsycic...Stuff= A screwed earth.

But that's just my opinion ^_^.
03-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Daxter King
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2005
: Texas
: 2,207
Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)

It would be a close match, but isn't Oddworld suppose to be alot bigger than earth? If so they would in theory have a bigger army and as many stated above they also have better technology. In simpler terms we would be screwed.
03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

BIG BRO HUMAN!!!! That'd be our secret weopon.
I personally think we'd win, have you guys ever see Independance day? take that to a way lower level

03-06-2006, 03:51 PM
metroixer
Outlaw Sniper

: Sep 2005
: Florida
: 1,512
metroixer  (-71)

:
I personally think we'd win, have you guys ever see Independance day? take that to a way lower level
This is kinda different. Instead of blowing up some mother ship like they did in the movie. We would have to go to SO MANY FREAGIN factories to blow up in a place (Like DK said) is 5 times bigger than earth!...

Unless if they had some kind of main economic source we could destroy...That would work to .
03-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Biggy Bro Slig
Clakker Store Clerk

Biggy Bro Slig  (24)

:
I ll play with this scenerio

Oddworld will win if the industrial were involved. General Dripik must have earn his rankin through such kind of military
I would say General Dripik achieved such a rank by his money. He supplies Glukkons with Sligs so the gluks pay him to kepp there buisnesses out of danger. So sligs are more of Security guards, making sure that the muds do there work.

03-07-2006, 09:56 AM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

: The shivering isles!
: 441
outlaw king  (10)

Yeah , when general dripik gets more moolah , hes gives himself a medal.

Is anyone forgetting about western mudos?

Surely the gluks would hire the woolvarks and outlaws to come and fight the odd fight! As long as it puts pay in there pockets! Imagine a solid line of tanks advancing on a blockade of sligs , Then suddenly xplosives mcgee comes in and blows the sh*t outta them! Then shocktanks come in and decimate half the town!

In my opinion , if oddworld attacked , were seriously screwed.

03-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

:
Aye, they call him Master Chief!
- And you're still a dick.

Last edited by Mojo; 03-15-2006 at 01:01 PM..
03-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Biggy Bro Slig
Clakker Store Clerk

Biggy Bro Slig  (24)

I actually think we could win if the countries could put aside the petty squables. The terrorists could still make dynamite and bombs, but chuck'em at the Oddwolrd people.
So if we teamed up, we would put up a great fight. But many people would die...

03-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

I really don't think the sligs and wolvarks would make particularly good soldiers so much as cannon fodder. They're not intelligent to make particularly good strategists. Their only strength is in numbers and technology.

03-15-2006, 10:48 AM
ZakoGrunt
Zappfly

: Mar 2006
: U.S.
: 4
ZakoGrunt  (10)

In my opinion I think Oddworld would win.
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Hmmm, It depenes. If it was just the industrials/outlaws vs us, we'd probably wipe each other out, but we'd have the most surviving due to nukeing them. If the muds, steef etc. joined in, a united Oddworld vs Earth, we would die.
Oddworld with Industrials and natives together is invicble, look at it-
The Industrial technology is above what we have- robots with electrifying gadgets on their heads (Greeters), mechanical implants as legs and jetpacks, electrifying clubs, sodsas that give you powers, weird consumer goods that could probbaly be turned into some sort of miliatry use, Soulstorm brew, tear extractors, electric walls, teelporters etc. (Been said before but I'll say it again)
The natives also are dangeroous-they have magical bows and clubs, shamans with weird powers, Bigface, the Weirdos, ressurection shirnes, the ability to herd animals, Abe's possesion powers, munch's control of machinery and not to mention the Shrykull-worth a nuclear bomb.
If the Cartel had the support of the Natives, we'd put up a good fight, but ultimately fall to superior technology and powers. Also we're fogetting-we've only seen 1 continent on Oddworld-Mudos. Who knows what else is on that vast planet.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.