08-17-2002, 11:47 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
A sad day today

It is a sad day today on the Oddworld forums. It seems a coup has happened and Sydney has been knocked off his status of Admin.
Now...it takes a lot to get this dragon angry...but this...this has enraged me to no end. Sydney has done nothing wrong to deserve such treatment from what I have seen. All he has done is to ensure that the forums remain a place for good honest people to discuss Oddworld and other things. But...it seems an infiltraitor of evil has corrupted a once good Admin by the name of Kristen...poisoned her mind with so-called dreams of glory. And it seems another member has fallen to the evil ones ways...Alcar...and these three together have ousted Sydney from his rightful place.
I see nothing but bad tidings as a result of this...I see the forums turning into haven for spammers and flamers. The good name of Oddworld Forums has been tainted with this act...can it become pure again I do not know.

Speak out my fellow forumers...let your voices be heard on this issue!

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

08-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Re read the announcement.

Sydney is an Admin.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-17-2002, 11:50 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Yes...I see that...but the fact that he was removed from Admin status in the first place is wrong.

08-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yes, I would like to speak my voice, and may it ring true, as it always has.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp There were never any real plans to "take over." I make a good point in my text... and I do regret not adding a more sarcastic tone to it. Please do not think I am a bad person, nor the other employees for that matter. We were only standing up for our rights, and Sydney is back in his rightful place as Founder and administrator. What was said was said only to make a piercing point. I appreciate your understanding.

Ah yes, another point. I never validated what had been done. Yes, what we did was wrong.

08-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

And what point was that!? As I have said I saw nothing Syd did wrong to do such a thing to him. All you did was remove the trust we had in you (Pilot), Alcar, and Abe Babe.
And as they say..."A leader that doesn't have the loyality and trust of his followers...does not rule for long."
You three no longer have my trust...and I know of several other members that feel the same way. Your actions today will do nothing but destroy this once wonderful board.

08-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Thanks for the support, Rachel.

It's all quite shocking for everyone. I had assumed the forums had been hacked by some disgruntled ex-members, but it seems the evil had come from within administration itself. I must say, when I accepted Pilot's seemingly gracious offer to host Oddworld Forums on his server after the server I had been paying for expired, I never expected this event would one day take place. Nor would have I invited Abe Babe to co-administrate with me had I known her brain would so easily be poisoned by Justin (Pilot).

After a 20 minute phone call with Justin, there isn't much I can say other than that I am disgusted at he, Abe Babe and Alcar's methods of telling me they see a problem with my Administration.

I admit that over the years I have been a harsh Administrator, but I believe that's a small price to pay for the quality of discussion we all enjoy on Oddworld Forums.

Although I have been given back my rightful status, things will never be the same as the future of the forums rests in limbo.

Thanks for the support
Sydney.

08-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Pilot
1. I make a good point in my text... and I do regret not adding a more sarcastic tone to it.

2. Please do not think I am a bad person, nor the other employees for that matter.

3. We were only standing up for our rights, and Sydney is back in his rightful place as Founder and administrator.

4. What was said was said only to make a piercing point. I appreciate your understanding.
1. You don't make any point in your text other than that you are an unstable and unreliable character. And why add sarcasm if you weren't joking?

2. I do not think you, nor Kristen nor Pete are bad people, Mr Thought Police.

3. Since when did you have the right to un-Administrate Sydney?

4. Do tell us what that point is, why don't you...
08-17-2002, 12:34 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Why un-admin Sydman? I think he's the coolest admin I think. Afterall...He created these forums . That's mad.

I also want to hear the point also.

08-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Aye...where is your point? I don't see it yet. With some boards (like this one) you have to be harsh in order for the forum experience to be enjoyable to everyone. You can't afford to be soft...or the ones whos mission is to disrupt the community will walk all over you.
Example: I was leanent (sp) in the past in my moderation of the RPG...but seeing it go down in quality I restarted it with more strict rules and tougher moderation. I took steps to ensure everyone that particpated in the RPG read the rules and followed them. The result may be fewer members particpating in the RPG, but they are ones that are honest and wouldn't knowingly try to destroy a plot line. It is a price to pay...but one I was willing to accept to ensure the RPG experience was enjoyable for everyone that really wanted to participate.

08-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by Sl'askia
Aye...where is your point? I don't see it yet. With some boards (like this one) you have to be harsh in order for the forum experience to be enjoyable to everyone. You can't afford to be soft...or the ones whos mission is to disrupt the community will walk all over you.
Example: I was leanent (sp) in the past in my moderation of the RPG...but seeing it go down in quality I restarted it with more strict rules and tougher moderation. I took steps to ensure everyone that particpated in the RPG read the rules and followed them. The result may be fewer members particpating in the RPG, but they are ones that are honest and wouldn't knowingly try to destroy a plot line. It is a price to pay...but one I was willing to accept to ensure the RPG experience was enjoyable for everyone that really wanted to participate.
Do you do it constantly?

Would you ban people without giving out even at least one warning?

Would you really want people only to repsect you because they are afraid?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

Last edited by Alcar; 08-17-2002 at 05:18 AM..
08-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

I do now yes. But remember this...everyone has those days were they just can't be bothered at that time...any one in any job gets like that once in awhile. We all have lives outside of the Oddworld Forums...and sometimes the Real World gets overwhelming. For that the occasional slip up is excusable.
Sometimes the stress of the real world gets too much...or it takes up almost all of your time...fit is then longer lapses can happen. That happened to Lampion recently...and he volunteerary stepped down as he knew he would not be able to ful fill his duties anymore. There almost came a time where I felt I had to step down...due to possible real world events...but thankfully that hasn't happened.
I do not think Syd has reached that point yet, for he hasn't adandoned the forums completely. My point is that Sydney...and Sydney alone has the right to decide whether he stays in his position. And you three have not provided any evidence to suggest he should step down. Instead...you are giving evidence in my eyes for your own removal.

Edit: since you edited to add more to your post.

I haven't seen him ban anyone without a warning...save for those that only flame here. You have to remember that moderator warnings do count against such members as well.

Some times you have to threaten to make members conform to the rules, as long as you don't do it constantly. I had to threaten myself sometimes. Remember that some members seem to purposely push the limits of the rules and try the Admins patience.
I seriously doubt Sydney really wants to ban anyone without just cause. And every member that I know of that he banned was banned for a good reason.

Last edited by Sl'askia; 08-17-2002 at 05:29 AM..
08-17-2002, 01:23 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Sydney you were good and you were this forums icon and you will alweys be the best. I don't know how administraition works and such. But I do know that leaders, managers, presidants, etc. are alweys faceing situations such as this. It's tough for them as it is for you. I don't know the reasons or sercomstances for you being relieved of such duties. I am not on anyones side here and I am not trying to say who is the best. I am trying to say that when things go bad then pick yourself up, dust your self off, and start again. Thats how you become successful. So you have been relieved but it is not the end of the world. Alweys look to your future thats what I say. I just have to say that this event has not made me lose any faith in our administraition because I know how tough these decisions can get. So what ever the decision was I believe was ligit.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 08-17-2002 at 05:53 AM..
08-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Instead...you are giving evidence in my eyes for your own removal.
I want them banned.
08-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
I do now yes. But remember this...everyone has those days were they just can't be bothered at that time...any one in any job gets like that once in awhile. We all have lives outside of the Oddworld Forums...and sometimes the Real World gets overwhelming. For that the occasional slip up is excusable.
Sometimes the stress of the real world gets too much...or it takes up almost all of your time...fit is then longer lapses can happen. That happened to Lampion recently...and he volunteerary stepped down as he knew he would not be able to ful fill his duties anymore. There almost came a time where I felt I had to step down...due to possible real world events...but thankfully that hasn't happened.
I do not think Syd has reached that point yet, for he hasn't adandoned the forums completely. My point is that Sydney...and Sydney alone has the right to decide whether he stays in his position. And you three have not provided any evidence to suggest he should step down. Instead...you are giving evidence in my eyes for your own removal.
Yes sometimes the real world gets overwhelming, too bad for Sydney it wasn't just a day or two. It's been months.

We never said he should step down.

We three knew we'd have this happened and it has, its just so predictable, and I knew you'd be one of the first as well, dont ask how I know, as i'd never reveal.

You can't properly trust someone until you've met them, I've met both Kristen and Justin. I have placed a massive amount of trust in them, as they have done to me as well.

Im going to wait until Majic, Joe The Intern, Kaimana and Disgruntled Intern return, hopefully they'll knock some sense into you about some happenings that took place yesterday.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

:
Yes sometimes the real world gets overwhelming, too bad for Sydney it wasn't just a day or two. (1)It's been months.

We never said he should step down.

We three knew we'd have this happened and it has, its just so predictable, and (2)I knew you'd be one of the first as well, dont ask how I know, as i'd never reveal.

(3)You can't properly trust someone until you've met them, I've met both Kristen and Justin. I have placed a massive amount of trust in them, as they have done to me as well.

(4)Im going to wait until Majic, Joe The Intern, Kaimana and Disgruntled Intern return, hopefully they'll knock some sense into you about some happenings that took place yesterday.
1. And want evidence do you have to show this?

2. First to what? Step down? Speak out against you?
If you mean to Step down I know why you think that...because I am in the military and due to the situation I may end up getting deployed thus unable to do my duties.
As for to speak out against you...I have my suspitions as to why...but I will not say.

3. Well it is impossible to met everyone on the internet now isn't it? You have to know when to trust and not to trust when dealing with those on the net...and I trust Sydney far more then you lot...especially now.

4. In Majic's case I imagine it is due to his brother. I cannot speak for the other three.

08-17-2002, 01:47 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

:
Originally posted by Alcar

1) Would you ban people without giving out even at least one warning?

2) Would you really want people only to repsect you because they are afraid?
1) The only people who have been banned without warning have been arseholes who would have been impervious to reason. There are some people who just need banning, full stop. When a troublemaking newbie arrives, I in fact often wish Sydney or Kristen would just ban the smeghead right away without all these warnings and so forth that aren't going to be heeded anyway.

2) Nobody who isn't a smeghead has anything to fear from board admins.

Alcar, I am utterly shocked and betrayed. I have lost a friend.
I have enjoyed chatting to you on MSN and you often supported me on the board, and you are nice to newbies. Now I know how Gaius Julius felt when Brutus murdered him. When someone he thought was his friend ended his life out of greed.
What was in it for you, Pete? An admin position. That's it. Have you NO sense of empathy? Did it not occur to you how hurt Sydney would be, and that there are far better ways of solving a (in my eyes, non-existent) problem? I never want to speak to you again, you poisonous little toad.

Justin, I hope you and Kristen both break your necks and land in a cesspit. Kristen, they may say that love is blind, but do not allow yourself to be tainted by a poison dwarf who thinks he can fix a thriving community that isn't broken. May all your vilest nightmares consume your overlarge heads, and the hounds of paranoia dance upon your stinking grave and the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills that the Lord himself cannot find you with a telescope. If the board does go as downhill as you made to out to be, then let This BE ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, AND MAY YOU CHOKE ON YOUR OWN GUILT, YOU REMORSELESS CHEATING BASTARDS!

Last edited by One, Two, Middlesboogie; 08-17-2002 at 05:50 AM..
08-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I realize that many on these forums will now be against me, but I accepted the situation that I was in, so I now have to live with it. It doesn't mean I'm going to make excuses for myself or what we did. I will say however, that the decision initially was not an easy one. I was hard for me to make, but one that we all agreed had come to a time that it must be done.

In the past I was seen as the friendly administrator, and Sydney was more harsh. Which made us a good team. Recent events (both on and off forum) had lead us to make this decison. And only several hours ago, Sydney banned two regular members from the forums for what seemed like a bit of joking around. These members were not given warnings. And to us this seemed like the final straw. As Justin already mentioned, we never intended to take away Sydney's administrative privalages forever, only to stand up for ourselves and fellow members.

I will admitt that the handling of it all could have been different. But what happened has happened for a reason. I had to go out tonight, so left in quite a rush, therefore not being able to handle everything better. True, we could have waited. But you can't keep saying "what if", as you can't change the past. While I was out I did feel that perhaps I had done something wrong.

In a way I felt caught. Caught because I don't like to get on anyone's wrong side, I don't like to do anything to hurt someone. Part of me believed that what I was doing needed to be done, but the other part remembered the Sydney I have known for the past couple of years. The person who I had grown to respect and think of as a friend. But I had to put that aside. I don't know why, but I had to do what I did, be it right or wrong.

Everyone is probably also thinking that Justin is an evil mastermind behind it all. That is not true. He may have views that are different to many people and he may be strong willed. But he is not an evil person. He is the kindest person I know, he cares about others, and would never intentionally do harm. He did not corrupt me or Alcar in any way. We simply came to the realization that something needed to be done. I will point out that myself and Justin are 100% financial owners of the forums. Not that that gives us any right to handle the situation the way we did, but in the "real" business world, we would be the major shareholders and could hold the vote of any board decisions. Okay... so that's probably a bad anology to use, and I'm really not a business orientated person (so I may be wrong there also). I'm just meaning that 100% financial ownership does stand for something. That kind of makes me cringe however, as it is against all I usually stand for, I'm usually not one to take Glukkon style views.

I never ever thought this day would have come. I have always stood by Sydney throughout my time here as a co-administrator, and am grateful to him for giving me the position. I've always been more of the quiet side of administration, rarely controversial, and often agreeing to that which Sydney consulted me on. If someone asked me a month ago if this was something I would do, I would have said "never". But situations change. People change. With both of those, this just was what needed to be done. I never had ill feelings towards Sydney, and do, and will continue to respect him as a person. I hope you can at least believe me when I say that I didn't wish to hurt him, but only do what I believed best for the forums. Nor did I feel good about what I done... actually it plagued me all night when I was out.

I know I'm probably going to get people picking this message apart or being nasty towards me. I even considered leaving the forums and never coming back after I found out what it had come to when I got home tonight. But Justin convinced me to be strong, and now I am writing my true words here.

So fellow forum members, love or hate me, I respect you and your decisions. If you decide you hate me, then so be it, that is what you feel, I won't hate you in return. And if you can see our side just a little bit, then I also respect you as well and thank you for your support.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by One, Two, Middlesboogie

1) The only people who have been banned without warning have been arseholes who would have been impervious to reason. There are some people who just need banning, full stop. When a troublemaking newbie arrives, I in fact often wish Sydney or Kristen would just ban the smeghead right away without all these warnings and so forth that aren't going to be heeded anyway.

2) Nobody who isn't a smeghead has anything to fear from board admins.

Alcar, I am utterly shocked and betrayed. I have lost a friend.
I have enjoyed chatting to you on MSN and you often supported me on the board, and you are nice to newbies. Now I know how Gaius Julius felt when Brutus murdered him. When someone he thought was his friend ended his life out of greed.
What was in it for you, Pete? An admin position. That's it. Have you NO sense of empathy? Did it not occur to you how hurt Sydney would be, and that there are far better ways of solving a (in my eyes, non-existent) problem? I never want to speak to you again, you poisonous little toad.

Justin, I hope you and Kristen both break your necks and land in a cesspit. Kristen, they may say that love is blind, but do not allow yourself to be tainted by a poison dwarf who thinks he can fix a thriving community that isn't broken. May all your vilest nightmares consume your overlarge heads, and the hounds of paranoia dance upon your stinking grave and the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills that the Lord himself cannot find you with a telescope. If the board does go as downhill as you made to out to be, then let This BE ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, AND MAY YOU CHOKE ON YOUR OWN GUILT, YOU REMORSELESS CHEATING BASTARDS!
1) Really, then you dont know what happened very well. They weren't given any warning, banned from both Oddchat AND the forums. When it took place only on Oddchat.

2) What if an admin is like a tyrannical overlord?

Shocked and betrayed? So am I, I thought people would see through what a supposable act of "deceit and betrayal" and see the good side, im expecting to much...

And I do know how it feels to have administrator-ship taken away from you, over at a different Forum. You'll get over it, and plus it was never intended as forever, most of the time he was un-admined, he was away.

What was my reward? There was no reward, I chose to be a part of this, i wasn't "brainwashed" into it, however could such a silly thing get messed up with this...If I wanted a reward I'd have teamed up with Sydney, been his best friend/pal/mate and obeyed his every command. We were friends, I hope we still are, but maybe its too much to ask for.

It's funny you mention Paranoia, as I could say so many things about paranoia at the moment, which of course all have to do with your faithful admin, Sydney.

Like Abe Babe said, you can hate me all you want. But whats it going to do in the end? Nothing. I feel I've done whats good.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

Last edited by Alcar; 08-17-2002 at 06:07 AM..
08-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

"I even considered leaving the forums and never coming back after I found out what it had come to when I got home tonight. But Justin convinced me to be strong, and now I am writing my true words here."

So suddenly Justin's the mastermind again...

"If you decide you hate me, then so be it, that is what you feel, I won't hate you in return."

No, you'll just ban people and un-mod them if they hate you...

Edit: I forgot to mention that I agree with Anna (Middlesboogie) completely.
08-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Alcar, the promise of power is a damning thing, isn't it?

Please avoid imaginitive speculations on my private life, they don't concern you.

As for your reference to what happened in OddChat, let me give you the account of what happened: When I arrived in OddChat, I was inundated with pleas from the users, they had been plagued by a couple of people who had been relentlessly throwing sexually-slanted insults at them. It had been going on for a few weeks, and the offenders carefully made sure administrators were not in sight while they caused havoc. Thankfully, some of the victims had dutifully recorded the host addresses of the offenders, so it could be determined that two members currently in the channel were the culprits. I decided to leave the channel but re-enter as a guest, in an effort to catch them in the act. Instead, all I saw were slurs against me, alone worthy of a banning.

It was sad to have to ban members whom I never would have expected to take part in such recklessness, and also whom I was quite fond of. But, as the late Naxos recently proved to us, boredom brings out the worst in people. He filled the boards with offensive remarks about Abe Babe's appearance, and also calling me fag-boy repeatedly. I fiercely defended Abe Babe, which obviously went unnoticed.

As far as warnings go, I didn't feel a warning was necesary in this instance. These members knew exactly what they were doing, and I judged they should pay the consequences. Regardless of what Alcar thinks should be the procedures for banning, it's up to the sole discretion of the Administrator whom he or she bans.

Kristen, Justin and Alcar, I've never been more disappointed with a group of people before in my life. If you thought there was a problem, then surely you could have discussed it with me privately rather than attempting to humiliate me. Kristen, I always thought we were the best of friends, and I still think you're a kind person. It's a crying shame you have been woven into this, I understand you have been placed in a compromising situation, but I doubt I'll ever be able to fully comprehend why you did it. Perhaps the reality of meeting Justin and Alcar has created the illusion that you're a "dream team" and you find it impossible to stand up to their ideas.

08-17-2002, 02:04 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

*snarl* We still need evidence of your 'accusations'. We only have your word of what Sydney 'supposedly' has done.
No...I do not believe you...any of you three. Only proof has the chance of sauding me. And even then...there is a chance you will still not get my support.

*screams* WE WANT PROOF!

08-17-2002, 02:06 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
And only several hours ago, Sydney banned two regular members from the forums for what seemed like a bit of joking around. These members were not given warnings.
Who?

And how dare you use the phrase "stand up for other forum members"? How PATRONISING CAN YOU GET?! What makes you think we're not capable of solving our problems by ourselves, you pinheaded superiority-complexed witch?! None of us are being downtrodden or oppressed! Only eedjits are punished on this board. I could have solved this problem much better than the three of you did. Tyrannical overthrowing solves nothing. What you did was no better than what you claimed Sydney did. As a female, you should have been far better equipped to talk it out, find out how big and how existent the probems actually are, bring them to Sydney's attention and work out compromises and solutions together... as would have been my first course of action.

The enormity of your crime cannot be forgiven. You are scum. In my mind, you are on the evolutionary ladder on a par with protozoa, phytoplankton, diatoms and Steel Shark (no, I still haven't forgiven that skidmark for driving me and my friends to tears of despair and anger just because we had differing views from him about a piece of ****ing plastic and microchips).

Last edited by One, Two, Middlesboogie; 08-17-2002 at 06:08 AM..
08-17-2002, 02:06 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

*speaking to pilot and his minions...*
I have been on quite a few forums in my time, and Sydney was one of the best Administrators I saw. When I read the announcment I was shocked and angry. Now you may say I haven't been here for very long so I don't know much about the forums and it's members but I have observed a fair few topics and I say quite bluntly only this:I can't imagine any of you lot (Pilot, Alcar and Abebabe) in Sydneys place. I've been rather naive when it comes to Administrators and Moderators, and sometimes just not realised what they are capable of. All I can say is you people have been listening to Mr.Donut and Havoc too much. Do you think for one second if there were all these awful probblems you imply existed, we would have as many members?
I would not consider for one second any form of rebillion, and I have never really spoken out to an admin or moderator before, and I would like to point out I will not be doing any 'vengeful rulebreaking' but did you really think this through?
I'm glad Sydney is back as an Adminisrator, but I say, if you put him through this the things you are planning better be bloody good.And I have no respect for you three anymore. I will obay you, but I don't like you or respect you.
I SUPPORT SYDNEY!

Last edited by salty pretzils; 08-17-2002 at 06:22 AM..
08-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

I am shocked and disgusted. The fact that Sydney has been reinstated means nothing; he has no effective power now, as he knows now that he has the threat of removal over his head if he puts a foot wrong.

I have been on the forums for some time now, and I have not once seen Sydney abuse his power. I have always thought him a very fair and just Administrator. I can honestly say that I would not be happy being on these forums if Sydney were not in charge. Kristen and Justin have always made it clear that they consider themselves above us, and rarely condescend to actually join in any of the conversations (except when Justin wants to show off his insider knowledge of OWI), and as for Peter, I am perplexed as to how exactly he has risen to a position of such power so fast. In fact, in my experience, Sydney has always been the most lenient of the Administrators - Kristen has always been very much against controversy and honest discussions and all the other things that make Off-Topic Discussion (and hence the forums themselves) interesting places to be. I have always felt safe under Sydney, and have felt I could talk to him and make requests without fear. Only the other day, I asked him to delete several of my posts (as the delete function has been disabled for non-moderators). I would never have felt so comfortable in asking Kristen or Justin to do something like that. Sydney has always been "one of us", which is what made him such an effective moderator.

It is clear now where the real power lies on the forums. Despite having served perfectly well as Administrator since the forums' birth, Sydney is no longer in charge here. You are.

What exactly has Sydney done? It is evidence of how aloof you consider yourselves that you don't even consider us worthy of knowing why he was removed in the first place.

Apart from anything else, I support Sydney because I have respect for him. I no longer have any respect for you three.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-17-2002, 02:26 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

I wish to second Danny's points.

08-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
I wish to second Danny's points.
Well of course, you all are friends and have your own coup *congrats to Tom for telling me that word*.

It wouldn't be right if you, Rach, Dan and Tom didn't all team up and agree on something.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I don't want to get into arguments with everyone who's against me, but I do want to point out some things from Danny's post.

:
Originally posted by Danny
Kristen and Justin have always made it clear that they consider themselves above us, and rarely condescend to actually join in any of the conversations
Do you want to know the real reason I rarely join in controversial discussions? It's not because I think I am above anyone, I consider all people equal. You are partly correct further down your post in that you say I don't like controversey. That is true. But I also like to steer clear because alhough my views may be similar to those of other members, they are somewhat different. I'm not an argumentative person, so controversial topics also do not interest me. And the times I do join in, my responses are often ignored (apart from the good discussions I have with Jacob). Sydney on the other hand loves controversial topics. He has strong views on many issues including gay and animal rights. Therefore he is ideal to join these discussions.

:
I have always felt safe under Sydney, and have felt I could talk to him and make requests without fear. Only the other day, I asked him to delete several of my posts (as the delete function has been disabled for non-moderators). I would never have felt so comfortable in asking Kristen or Justin to do something like that. Sydney has always been "one of us", which is what made him such an effective moderator.
I believe you feel this because of the above... that I do not join into these controversial off-topic discussions, and Sydney does. If you recall when we moved to these forums, it was actually myself who changed your forum name from Rettick to Danny. It was also myself who was approached (by Dark Hood and others) about nominating you for the RPG moderator position. Which I went and discussed with Sydney. But you see back then, I was more active in the forums, and Sydney was not. So it seems that people seem to forget the past, and only look at the present.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-17-2002, 02:33 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Steel Shark (no, I still haven't forgiven that skidmark for driving me and my friends to tears of despair and anger just because we had differing views from him about a piece of ****ing plastic and microchips).
That is a very good point. When Steel Shark was abusing several of us on a regular basis, what did you do about it, Kristen? In the end, we had to drive him off ourselves. I know Sydney didn't do anything either, but I mention you because you actually went as far as to defend the cunt! You show open favouritism to your friends, Kristen. Why wasn't Steek Shark banned? Because he's your friend. Why did Justin become a Super Moderator? Because he's your friend. You disgust me.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by Danny
That is a very good point. When Steel Shark was abusing several of us on a regular basis, what did you do about it, Kristen? In the end, we had to drive him off ourselves. I know Sydney didn't do anything either, but I mention you because you actually went as far as to defend the cunt! You show open favouritism to your friends, Kristen. Why wasn't Steek Shark banned? Because he's your friend. Why did Justin become a Super Moderator? Because he's your friend. You disgust me.
Read my previous post, it says so much more.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
Tom said:
"No, you'll just ban people and un-mod them if they hate you..."
Sure, why not? Sydney knows all about that particular sort of banning. He made it quite clear that if people's opinions were against him, it was okay to ban without hesitation or warning.

I find it amusing that you seem to think people were brainwashed or tricked into doing such a 'terrible' thing, when you don't even know exactly went on. But that's A-OK with me. Continue to rally for Syd. What's done is done, and nothing will change the fact. Whining won't. Yelling won't. Randomly messaging me on MSN won't solve anything, either. You have all made your anger and sadness known, so drop it. All you're doing is spouting off the same things over and over. Enough is enough.

Do you think I didn't feel terrible when I learned syd had been stripped of his power? I can assure you that I, we, all did. It was no laughing matter, nor was it grounds for celebration. I had already left the forums, so being banned wasn't really a problem for me..The only thing that disturbed me was the principle behind the banning, or rather, the lack of it.

But like I said, what's done is done, and nothing will change that.
Making assumptions into one's personal life, callling names, and making analogies relating to the 'bad' admins is all in vain.

I will admit, however....I was the main culprit at hand. Do not spread your hatred around evenly, because I deserve the bulk of it.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

Last edited by Disgruntled Intern; 08-17-2002 at 07:02 AM..