07-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)
Post Mudokon-Bird Portal Symbiosis and bird Portals

What eaxctly caused this symbion circle of bird and mudokon. are birds more then what they seem, what powers do they hold, how can they be used to open portals, what is purpose of there being a symbion between the two. how did the mudokons learn to harness the power. what benefits come from the two species. And Bird portals, how does it work and what exactly, does the preconception drawings of a stone like portal prove. What was it that caused the change.

Now this is allot of questions and feel free to out in your own.
But just think of it what exactly caused it to be?

(this topic was brought to my attention by ours truely Khanzumer) *feel free to ask for a topic to be made*
so go ahead and give the theories.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

07-15-2002, 09:47 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

I think the Mudokons summon the birds with an irresistible mental calling somehow with their chanting, since they couldn't use certain powers (such as teleportation and reviving others). I don't think the birds are intelligent enough to make a mutual agreement with the Mudokons.

07-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Mac the Janitor
I don't think the birds are intelligent enough to make a mutual agreement with the Mudokons.
Are you saying lichen and algae are more intelligent than birds? They have a symbiotic relationship.
An organism doesn't even need 'intelligence' to have a symbiotic relationship. All they need is a little bit of evolution.
07-16-2002, 03:46 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

yes that is right. i believe the birds to have mystical intellitgence.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

07-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Hmmm, well. Mabye the Mudokons chant is resembles the birds chirp. Sience Mudokons evolved from birds than mabye this chant is thier latest version of chirping. When the birds hear this they gather and realease the power deep within? I don't know I can't really come up with any good theorys at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2001
: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

i think that only some birds are made to transport muds, like the shamans give the bird a blessing or some sort, because not all birds do the transporting

07-16-2002, 03:11 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by Gluk Schmuck

Are you saying lichen and algae are more intelligent than birds? They have a symbiotic relationship.
An organism doesn't even need 'intelligence' to have a symbiotic relationship. All they need is a little bit of evolution.
Aargh, I guess I misread that part. I thought Kaimana was stating a "You get half of my crops, but you have to give me 5 cows" kind of agreement or relationship. Sorry 'bout that.

07-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I don't think of Mudokons and Birds having an agreement between them, I see them as being spiritually interwoven. Mudokons evolved from birds, and ever since the two species have shared an intimate relationship that goes beyond the physical world.

I'm probably talking a load of Koblenz, but that's how I see it.

I see Birds as being the soul of Mudokons. When Abe's body dies, we can see Birds flying out. That's his soul, ready to be resurrected. And I think bird portals are activated when Mudokons' Spooce awakens some dormant instinct in Birds to form a wormhole in space, much like Anna describes it another topic (the Gluk Evolution one I think).

07-17-2002, 12:23 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

thats probably the best theory on the situation

07-17-2002, 05:10 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

Yeah, that's a pretty sensible theory.

Also, with the whole soul thing, when you possess a creature, the soul orb things transfer to the creature. Maybe that's his spirit changing bodies.

07-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Khanzumer
Bolamite

: Jul 2002
: Mudos
: 66
Khanzumer  (10)

I think that some mudokons are imortal beings. When they reach a level of pain and/or mental suffering so great that they would die, they transform into the birds and fly away to regenerate. Abe, since he is so in touch with the spooce, can do this by himself. Other mudokons need the resurection totems to bring them back "together". Mudokons that just die aren't as in touch with spooce and so they can't transform into the birds. That is also why only a select few can teleport. The bird portals are actually mudokons helping out Abe.

07-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Armed Slig
Boombat

: Jul 2002
: Northwest USA
: 207
Armed Slig  (10)

I just think Oddworld Inhabitants threw the birds in there as a symbol of freedom. I mean, the Mudokuns go through the bird portals to freedom, don't they? The birds are free to fly anywhere they wish. Get it?