Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)
Important Oddworld Forums Announcement

The other day we got an email from the server that hosts the webspace Oddworld Forums occupies. They're in the middle of another merge and informed me that Oddworldian.net has not yet merged due to the massive size we're taking up. 150 megabytes, apparently. We were presented with the option to:[list=a][*]Upgrade to a more costly plan.[*]Discontinue the service.[/list=a]Many of you know Pilot has a server of his own. He graciously offered to host the forums, for which we should all be extremely thankful for. So the forums will be moving within the next few days.

More exciting news is that we'll be moving from the UBB to a new software called vBulletin, a similar style forum that has many more features. It's quite an expensive piece of software that Abe Babe has paid for, I'm going to reimburse her with 50% of the costs (since we're both Admins).

Rest assured that all posts, accounts and member information will be preserved in the move.

Sydney & Abe Babe, Administrators.

02-09-2002, 09:25 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Nov 2001
: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)

Wow, OW Forums is gonna have new software!

Is the new URL going to be E-mailed to everyone or is there gonna be the url in this topic...

Mudokon101...

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Mudokon101 ]

02-09-2002, 12:33 PM
sligface202
Sniper Wasp

: Jan 2002
: Slig Barracks
: 258
sligface202  (10)

so the server is saying oddworldian.net has to either change or stop working!pick change the website because i don't want oddworldian.net to go!

02-13-2002, 07:24 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2001
: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

guess sydman is putting all his effort into the foes now that his site has gone.

02-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Gabriel
Chippunk

: Feb 2002
: Finland
: 22
Gabriel  (10)

A question and a stupid one I think...

When is this all gonna happen?

-GM at Final Fantasy Finland
-Administrator at RPGmakerfinland.

02-13-2002, 11:41 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

It's already happened, so I guess this topic can be closed now.